Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Downy quilt top done

I think it turned out pretty good for a beginner. I have never actually pieced a quilt before except some little ones over 20 years ago. I have made baby quilts from patterns like McCalls, but those were different. I had to rip out a few corners to get them to connect correctly, but I am learning. Now I just have to do the hard part. I need suggestions on how to quilt it. The instructions say to quilt it heavily. I am thinking of binding it with red, but would black look better?

Dalmation Downey quilt top
    Name:  Attachment-15385.jpe
Views: 37
Size:  35.9 KB

Your quilt is SOOOO cute. I need to do a little more quilting on mine tonight and it should be ready to send back. Meandering is great. I also did a wavy grid in some of the blocks. An "X" in the 4-patch didn't seem to be enough quilting on mine, so I'm doing an "X" in each section of the 4-patch.

Your quilt is sooo cute... you did a great job.. I would use red to do the binding, I think it would help the fire hydrants pop in your boarder.. If the meandering is a little difficult, (I know on my first one I would have never attempted that cause I was a chicken) I was advised to do the stitch in the ditch and then criss cross the blocks.. But whatever you choose I am sure it will just be wonderful..

Very cute. I vote red also :)

Great job! Give yourself some nice kudos for fixing the problem areas. Many new quilter's don't do that.

Looks great. I did a large meander all over the quilt. I still have to bind mine though.

Thanks for the compliments and the advice. I was leaning towards red as well for the binding. But I tend to second guess myself.

How could I not fix the booboo's? I am a bit of a perfectionist when it comes to sewing and things like not matching corners or whatever drive me crazy.

I am enjoying doing this project and the fact that it goes to a sick child makes it worthwhile. I can't wait to get it finished and sent off. However the quilt show in Vegas starts tomorrow, so I may HAVE to go to that. I am trying to talk myself out of it, but not having much success.

Great job - I would also bind with red. What are you going to name it?

Love it! It will sure make some little child happy. Thanks for doing this.

You did really good, I love it . Try to keep a journal of Qt you do, wish I had kept one on all that I have done. My J has a four year gap in it. I have reopened it to start again. Remember you have worked so hard on it, Show your pride and Lable It. Theresse

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast