Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Easter eggs >

Easter eggs

Easter eggs

Old 03-12-2011, 10:00 AM

Are these done using styrofoam egg shaped forms??
Old 03-12-2011, 10:11 AM

awe, i love these, too cute!
Old 03-12-2011, 11:13 AM

I made some of those a long long time ago using styrofoam eggs. Those ones are really pretty too.
Old 03-12-2011, 11:15 AM
RDM

Lovely festive eggs beautifully made.
Old 03-12-2011, 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by Lv2sew2011
Those are very pretty!
They sure are very pretty, great job!
Old 03-12-2011, 07:30 PM
Power Poster

They are so pretty!!
Old 03-12-2011, 08:11 PM

http://makeitfuncrafts.com/projects/...d-easter-eggs/

http://www.thriftyfun.com/tf34628116.tip.html

The above are egg crafts/ quilted.

This link is just something I thought you might enjoy as well!

http://www.ericas.com/seasonal/spring.htm
Old 03-13-2011, 02:39 AM

ohhh....I love those things on the Erica's site!! :D
Old 03-13-2011, 09:40 AM

Here is an Italian site to do items: http://www.nonsoloricamo.net/corsi/uovoa.htm
and a Hungarian site:
http://web.axelero.hu/geli1/glk/glkRip/RipTojasCpy.htm
This is a simple translation:
Textiles DECORATED EASTER EGGS

Accessories

Easter Eggs if you want to decorate, you need four basic props.
1. Styrofoam eggs of different sizes and qualities available. Try to keep good quality, small-pored, smooth-surfaced eggs are taken into account. (It is difficult to demonstrate in writing, can be seen on the surface of the egg circles, imperfections vary in size, the more granular the better cutting heads break). Facilitate the work, if you manage to get an egg, at least at the bottom and the top of the quarters, or six are selected.
2. Textile: discards is less satisfactory, if not rigid, non-slippery and few foszlanak. Thin canvas, card, jersey for the best.
3. Knives: thin-bladed, sharp knife is needed to work. Best wallpaper knife tip to break off (Schnitzer). The best around. 9 mm wide knife has become a brand.
4. Scissors: small, sharp, slightly curved, that is the easiest to work with nail scissors, but can also be used in small needlework scissors.
In addition to those listed is sometimes useful for some small, sharp pin. If you want to fix the decoration, you can use acélgombostűt. Garnish with a beautiful large-headed pins fixed colored beads.
The Easter eggs will look great in a well-chosen color and width of dog-tooth!
The threads, cords may be necessary to capture a glue that does not dissolve polystyrene. Not be used to Technocol! If you do not know the impact of foam adhesive, you can Spot the little Styrofoam glue and wait for 3-5 minutes, then let's look at the effect. On the water-based adhesives are washable clothes I like, because I always manage to összekennem the visible surfaces as this glue can be easily removed and the patch. Facilitate the work, if the adhesive thin, bottle-nose is long. I do not know if the amount of adhesive is well regulated, then a small plastic tab and follow-up I wear a toothpick stuck in the surface.
The polystyrene ornaments ékesíthetők much everything. Placing it with flowers, pompons, ready to bow, fruits, berries, asparagus rotate it, wire, beads, etc.. But remember, sometimes less is more, the modest decorations mostly beautiful.

Samples

Smaller eggs lengthwise split it with 4, 6 or even more segments (usually an even number of lighter color). Who is a little more experienced, the division also has a cross direction to try. Use our imagination! The spiral can go a longitudinal division of the keresztosztás be curved, or jagged. (Note: the braiding easier if the lines form a continuous network)

Session
The sample is a soft pencil on the egg. Thrive better thin marker of alcohol, but this can only be used if it is not visible through the material.
The sample is cut into lines with a knife. Prepare a 5-10 mm deep grooves. The knife should be kept at an angle a bit, and cut slowly with light pressure. If you move too fast, the knife, the foam better break!
We cut out the material, 6-10 mm are larger than the mintarésznél. If the margin is too small, then the pieces are already placed on the edge of the adjacent slip as non befedésénél! If one is repeated several times as non-, you make a template. Lay out one of the replications for a smooth, thin material (such as a bad lepedődarab), press it around the edges of the material in the pulp in the cuts, gently scribbler, and then disconnect. Well the material will show the contour of the sample. If proven template to work with enough margin to 6-8 mm, and can be tailored quickly and efficiently.
The material is put in the right place and at the end of a blunt knife to tolerate the pulp in the cuts. (I have a nail file and opens a hole with a tolerance to the substance. (In my case, this method did not work, at the end of the visible gaps are too wide and uneven, the cord does not lie to you, need to hide tape.) If the material slips or the pattern of substance precisely because we want to incorporate the material, you should first secure one or more pins (I always records). betűrését The material is usually in the middle of the page to begin with, I go progressively toward the tips, while the material is clearly trying to rásimítani the curved surface . When I turn around in place of the material, then cut off the excess and the peaks are too high allowances. hanging out at the end of the smaller parts, especially the knife edge csúcsoknál gently try to push it into place.
If the sample is covered with all of you look at the job. If some of the gap is very deep, ugly, uneven, you can try to fix. Instead, the two gaps on either side of the thumb fingertip and gently press the two sides toward each other.
Now comes the decoration. A big issue, I do not deal with it. Only one piece of advice: Try to keep cords, ribbons in the longitudinal cuts continuously rolled. A shared segmented eggs is not a problem, even if the cross direction, you can decorate with them first and then the egg is worth two at the end of a fixed pin.
A Google Fordítót a következőkhöz használhatom:KeresésekVideókE-mailTelefonCsevegésÜzlet
A Google Fordító névjegyeAzonnali fordítás kikapcsolásaAdatvédelemSúgó

Originally Posted by tothenci
These eggs remain in the previous year ...
Old 03-13-2011, 09:43 AM

Really cute!!!!!