Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Ever hate something you made???? >

Ever hate something you made????

Ever hate something you made????

Old 09-10-2014, 05:43 AM
Power Poster

Are you opposed to re-arranging the blocks or maybe adding more? It might calm down a bit if you put in some blenders. If not, you could donate it to the local pound. Doggies don't care what it looks like, only that it's soft.
Old 09-10-2014, 05:57 AM

I would put it aside for a few months, then as I had the time, take all the blocks apart and sash them. You wouldn't have to do it all at once, but just a little at a time, maybe when you watch TV. Your fabrics are nice, and your blocks are very pretty, not to mention all the time and effort you put into making them, so why not re-work it and have yourself a beautiful quilt?.............by the way, I feel your pain. Been there, done that.
Old 09-10-2014, 06:54 AM

Originally Posted by javin22 View Post
Thanks for the suggestions. I think taking the blue and white ones out would make it better. But I don't want to mess with it any more. I would like to just get rid of it. Any takers?
donate to children's hospital or a shelter or anywhere where someone would be happy with it....does not matter that it is Christmas fabric
Old 09-10-2014, 07:04 AM

I once heard a woman at a sewing lecture say that not all projects should be finished and you shouldn't feel guilty about it. I've gone with that ever since. Let it go and move on to something you like working on.

That said you might want to put it away for a while. I've discovered that sometimes when I work on something for a long time it doesn't look good, but after a while if I take them out and they amazingly look better.
Old 09-10-2014, 07:17 AM

I would take it apart and make some table runners or place mats. If you really don't want it, I will take it. Linda
Old 09-10-2014, 09:48 AM

My ugly,not liking quilt is in my car, just in case I ever get stuck in the snow (live in MN and they are saying that we are going to have more snow than usual this year)
Old 09-10-2014, 10:17 AM

I have to agree with the others, there is no place for your eye to rest. But you know, we all learn from our mistakes. You should see the scrappy Christmas quilt I am working on. I will post a picture when it's all done. I have a lot of small pcs of Christmas fabrics and wanted to use some of them up.

But definitely finish the quilt, if it's not too much trouble add the sashing around each block then, I think, it won't look so bad, it would make it a little more pleasing to the eye. Or, again it would mean taking it apart, use the blocks to make table runners and placemats. I've done quilts that I really didn't like, sometimes I took them apart right away and reworked the blocks but other times I just put the top away because I was so disgusted with myself and after a while took it out and did something with it.

Good luck on whatever you decide to do.
Old 09-10-2014, 10:40 AM

I'd just tie the quilt and bind it. Then give it to the first person who says they like it.
Old 09-10-2014, 11:04 AM

I made a stack n wack quilt many years ago and I hated it. The fabric I chose was not that great but it was the only one I found at the time just before the class was to start.
Old 09-10-2014, 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by craftychick View Post
I don't think your quilt is hateful. Maybe not now, but when you have the time, I would take the blocks apart and put a solid color sashing between them. I think that would be easier for your eyes to glide across the quilt.
I agree. I think you will like it much better with sashing between the blocks and perhaps rearranging them.