I know that sounds mean, but this quilt has been giving me problems all the way down the line. Starting with the bunny applique. I had so much trouble mirroring these guys. I would check, double check, and triple check and still wind up with Mr. Bunny going the wrong way! Next the issue of on point and bias waviness. Then, I practiced and practiced on muslin sammies with the feathers that I am new to...well basically new to FMQ with any actual design. GF suggested I use basting spray to secure my quilt sammy. Great Idea! Ya, well when I went to actually quilt on the quilt the stitches were super tight and knotting. Took me about 4 hours to remove one section! My hands are still sore today from that, but my mind is better today I blamed the glue. How could it possibly be the operator??? Think again. I could not find my gloves so I had a bad grip on the fabric. This morning I found a pair of my cotton grippy gardening gloves and washed them extensively. I changed from quilting thread to regular thread and changed to a machine quilting needle. I took a deep breath and relaxed and went ahead and took the time to draw the feathers on paper....a lot! This way I had sort of memorized what to do and where to go.
I loaded those evil bunnies into my Singer, drew up the bobbin thread and actually took the extra 90 seconds to go ahead and bury the tails...now your thinking! The quilting could be a LOT better, but I am pleased with it being a newb and all.
I must say, the camera does not do the colors much justice. The yellow is actually lighter (almost gold) and the purple more vivid.