Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: A few more jeans bags done

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lisalovesquilting View Post
    Even upside down it's cute! Love the scarf through the belt loops.
    That is really a tie I make with fabric matching the lining and under the shoulder straps. Cute, huh?

Very nice and the Butterfly bag is also my favorite

I am sure you will do great at your craft fair.
    Vi

Adding the belt was a brilliant idea. That's my favorite.

Adorable! I am amazed at the variety of your jean bags!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by red-warrior View Post
    Adorable! I am amazed at the variety of your jean bags!
    Half the fun is shopping for them in the Goodwill! I look for good quality with very little wear, and it's a bonus when there is already embroidery or decorative details on the pockets and especially if there is decoration on one leg. I can use that for the pockets inside! You should see the stack in my closet!! Enough for probably another 15 bags!

Great bags.

Adorable!!
    God, Wonderful Family, Great Health, Awesome Friends, Quilting & Chocolates - - What more could a girl be blessed with!!

Blog Entries
    nicely done
    Nancy in western NY

These are wonderful!! I love the one I bought about 20 years ago at a huge street fair in Ventura, California. Mine is made out of green jeans and has a great calico flower material "belt".

What I love most about it is the story behind it. Teen I bought it from was running the booth for her mother who was on lunch break. She said that my bag was made from her younger sister's jeans. Mom had started doing craft fairs to help with family expenses and now that she had exhausted her daughters' supply of gently used jeans, she had started buying jeans from resale shops because the purses were so popular.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ Cottontail Quilter View Post
    These are wonderful!! I love the one I bought about 20 years ago at a huge street fair in Ventura, California. Mine is made out of green jeans and has a great calico flower material "belt".

What I love most about it is the story behind it. Teen I bought it from was running the booth for her mother who was on lunch break. She said that my bag was made from her younger sister's jeans. Mom had started doing craft fairs to help with family expenses and now that she had exhausted her daughters' supply of gently used jeans, she had started buying jeans from resale shops because the purses were so popular.
    Nice story! I know how popular they are, especially with teens. I have had tremendous success selling these. Plus, they last forever and are so versatile. Each one is different, too! I have made them from black, brown, and different blue denims so far. I even tried one from a pink pair of just cotton pants. I love putting different fabrics with them for lining and ties. I love the butterfly one I did with a leather belt studded with silver butterflies instead of a fabric tie. I used bright butterfly fabric for strap lining and inside lining and fused butterflies on the outside. They are so much fun to make!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast