I finally finished the sorority tee shirt quilt my daughter requested. Don't think I ever want to do another one of those. I wanted it to be perfect, but I soon threw those wishes to the wind and just hoped I'd get it finished before she moved....I barely did. I finished Mon. Dec. 10 and she moved today, Dec. 12. She and the quilt are somewhere over the Atlantic on their way to the other side of the world as I write this.
Seriously, I've made a fully lined man's sport coat that was easier than this quilt. So I truly admire you gals and guys who have made the tee shirt quilts. The decals aren't straight on the fabric, the fabric stretches, it's hard to get all the blocks the same size and impossible to center each one. I used the felt-like iron-on batting.........sometimes it stuck and sometimes it didn't. Then I was afraid the ones that did stick would come loose if I ironed it after sewing, so I didn't press seams. Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew! I'm glad it's finished.
My husband and daughter are standing on the farm truck holding it over the rails and it's still nearly touching the ground. I believe it's 94" X 94" finished. I had enough small logos to make the cornerstone blocks for the outer border, but had to make 9 for the interior, so I used violet fabric ( one of their colors...the other is maroon) and appliqued some, used fabric crayons on some, etc. using the sorority symbols of penquins, pearls, hearts, doves, triangles, and violets.
My husband has it all scrunched up on his side....it really is straight, but you can't tell from the picture.