Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
First quilt block >

First quilt block

First quilt block

Old 07-12-2008, 04:09 AM

A wall hanging is a great idea. You can hang it where you are a lot and admire your work and get inspiration. You get a feeling of accomplishment for your first project without the potential frustration of a project taking too long or creating errors when it grows.

I have a wall hanging of my first class- Hunter's Star hanging in my office at work. It's nice- no errors and I just really like it.

Barb
Old 07-12-2008, 05:00 AM
Power Poster

Jennifer, you did a great job for your 1st block...I would be totally embarrassed for you to see my first ones,...well...in fact, I've done some lately that I'd also be embarrassed for anyone to see :oops: Keep at it, its loads of fun! Oh, you also have a rather handsome young man as your avatar..I'm assuming you are related :-o :-o
Old 07-12-2008, 05:03 AM

Karla, thats a great idea! Thanks, my daughter is going to be a yr Sept 25th! so I could actually work on make a couple blankets for her and her baby (we want to get her a first doll)
Plus we do have a bare wall in the kitchen that could use a lil wall hanging. Any one have a good site for patterns?
Old 07-12-2008, 05:12 AM

Oh--this is the patterns of patterns site: http://www.quilterscache.com/

Where is says "Where do you want to go today?" clikc on Quilt Blocks Galore! Oh--you're in for a very good day now!! :wink: I've printed so many from this site.

I think oodles of blankets and a wall hanging or two will boost your confidence for the bigger stuff minus the frustration. :D I just figured out how to get borders on without them wobbling. It's only taken 14 years. :roll:

(PS We happen to find the perfect doll for my daughter at a garage sale. It felt so real.; her eyes opened and closed....I loved it too. She was never cold. :wink: Daughter is now 18.)
Old 07-12-2008, 02:00 PM
Banned

Well I like it. I think you did good. Keep it up
Old 07-12-2008, 04:54 PM

Tigerbaby1981....how nice of you to share your first block with us....I enjoyed it!! Now you have been bitten by the "Quilt Bug".... :shock: look out!! No stopping you now.....The fun part begins....I find with each stage of my quilt it is a process...get all the blocks done...how many do I do? do I join them as one do I put sashing between etc...It's all up to you ....Oh what fun you are gonna have ....and I can just see you teaching the little one all the tricks of the trade when she is old enough....just brings a BIG simle to my face!
Old 07-12-2008, 05:05 PM

Your first block! Fabulous! Those colors are great and you're getting a lot of good info here!
Old 07-14-2008, 03:14 AM

Looks good to me.