Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Fold N Stitch Wreaths >

Fold N Stitch Wreaths

Fold N Stitch Wreaths

Old 03-11-2016, 11:38 AM

That is beautiful!!! I have the pattern but as much as I,m longing to make it, I read the
instructions, (mind boggling) and put it down again. Please tell me it is not as complicated
as it looks. You did a fantastic job.
Old 03-11-2016, 11:46 AM
Power Poster

very pretty!!!
Old 03-11-2016, 11:49 AM
Power Poster

How beautiful!!!
Old 03-11-2016, 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by nannyrick View Post
That is beautiful!!! I have the pattern but as much as I,m longing to make it, I read the
instructions, (mind boggling) and put it down again. Please tell me it is not as complicated
as it looks. You did a fantastic job.
Well the first one you do can get a bit tricky, that's why my LQS saw mine and asked if I'd be willing to teach a class. 90% is really quite simple. It's mostly when you get to sewing the finished square and begin to sew them together that everyone gets confused. On my first one it took me an hour to figure out what I was doing wrong. I ended up adding an additional line on the pattern using the template that comes with the pattern. You flip the template over and trace the line again so that it looks mirror image. I have a picture of what I drew on each block and will try to post it. If you do this, you just make sure you match the squares back sides together with the lines matching up the same on each side. See the pic. After doing four of them, I now know how to do it with just one line.
Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  
Old 03-11-2016, 01:34 PM

I too have this pattern, made one and had trouble with the same step. I wish I had thought of your suggestion, it would have been so much easier. I have a question, what did you use for the batting? I wasn't real crazy about the stuff I used. Thanks

p.s., do you think it will flatten, never to round out again when you store it away?

Last edited by mom2boyz; 03-11-2016 at 01:36 PM.
Old 03-11-2016, 04:12 PM

LOVE THE EASTER basket... want this pattern too....
Old 03-11-2016, 04:19 PM

I like your Easter wreath. You did a wonderful job. I bought the pattern and still haven't figured out what I am doing wrong. But every time I start sewing the wreath together it just gets all messed up and I wind up throwing it away. You said you ended up adding an additional line on the pattern using the template that comes with the pattern. You flip the template over and trace the line again so that it looks mirror image, and just make sure you match the squares back sides together with the lines matching up the same on each side.
My question is this ..
when I fold the square together matching up the lines does this form a kind of a "V" shape where the lines are matched up. Is that right?
I just can not get this pattern to turn out looking right. I have never had such a problem. Thank you for you tips
Old 03-11-2016, 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by mom2boyz View Post
I too have this pattern, made one and had trouble with the same step. I wish I had thought of your suggestion, it would have been so much easier. I have a question, what did you use for the batting? I wasn't real crazy about the stuff I used. Thanks

p.s., do you think it will flatten, never to round out again when you store it away?
In this wreath, I have used Peltex single sided fusible, but I also added Heat N Bond on the "front" 7" square. After sewing and turning the squares, this will fuse that side of the square so when you roll it, the fabric doesn't lift up and wrinkle. It might still have a wrinkle or two but looks much better.

However, I have also used the IN R FORM in other wreaths,BUT I use the DOUBLE SIDED fusible instead of single sided as listed in the pattern. This works just like the way I described above, BUT, be sure to cover the exposed side of it with a silicone pressing sheet, or parchment paper, so save the stickiness of it for after you turn your squares right side out...AND...so you don't ruin your iron and ironing board!!! :-)

Yes, I think storing could be an issue because of the size, but I don't think it'll lose its shape. I just stored my Christmas one in a tub. I haven't stored my others yet. Maybe acid free tissue paper stuffed inside the rolls, if your worried about it?
hope this helps!
Mary
Old 03-11-2016, 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by Littledreamdevil View Post
I like your Easter wreath. You did a wonderful job. I bought the pattern and still haven't figured out what I am doing wrong. But every time I start sewing the wreath together it just gets all messed up and I wind up throwing it away. You said you ended up adding an additional line on the pattern using the template that comes with the pattern. You flip the template over and trace the line again so that it looks mirror image, and just make sure you match the squares back sides together with the lines matching up the same on each side.
My question is this ..
when I fold the square together matching up the lines does this form a kind of a "V" shape where the lines are matched up. Is that right?
I just can not get this pattern to turn out looking right. I have never had such a problem. Thank you for you tips
I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "fold the square together" Hopefully this will help? First you sew two squares into twosomes, (two squares back to back,) then start sewing those together. If you look at this picture you will see that on the left is a group of four already attached. On the right is another twosie I'm ready to add to the last square on the right of the bigger piece. You can also see that extra line I draw to be sure I'm matching correctly. Can you see the clip holding them together? The smaller points on the squares are at the top, and the wider bigger points at the bottom? I use the clip to hold them together until I get it under the needle.
Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  
Old 03-11-2016, 05:00 PM

very pretty