View Single Post
Old 03-11-2016, 04:22 PM
Grandma Mary

Originally Posted by mom2boyz View Post
I too have this pattern, made one and had trouble with the same step. I wish I had thought of your suggestion, it would have been so much easier. I have a question, what did you use for the batting? I wasn't real crazy about the stuff I used. Thanks

p.s., do you think it will flatten, never to round out again when you store it away?
In this wreath, I have used Peltex single sided fusible, but I also added Heat N Bond on the "front" 7" square. After sewing and turning the squares, this will fuse that side of the square so when you roll it, the fabric doesn't lift up and wrinkle. It might still have a wrinkle or two but looks much better.

However, I have also used the IN R FORM in other wreaths,BUT I use the DOUBLE SIDED fusible instead of single sided as listed in the pattern. This works just like the way I described above, BUT, be sure to cover the exposed side of it with a silicone pressing sheet, or parchment paper, so save the stickiness of it for after you turn your squares right side out...AND...so you don't ruin your iron and ironing board!!! :-)

Yes, I think storing could be an issue because of the size, but I don't think it'll lose its shape. I just stored my Christmas one in a tub. I haven't stored my others yet. Maybe acid free tissue paper stuffed inside the rolls, if your worried about it?
hope this helps!
Mary