Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 33

Thread: Frustrated Quilter!!!!!

  1. #1
    Power Poster Rhonda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Salem Iowa
    Posts
    15,264
    Blog Entries
    48
    If you are a new quilter or think that someone of my experience has smooth sailing through all the quilting ups and downs Think again!!!

    I can usually pick out part of a seam and fix the problem and then resew the affected area.

    Not today!!!!!!! I feel like throwing the thing as far as I can and starting over!!!

    I picked out the seam in part in two places after I tried to tame it with a second seam. I decided it still didn't lay down flat right so I decided to take the seams out .
    Well when I resewed after fixing it or so I thought now it looks like this!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:


    Oh I will go back and fix it right but i just needed to vent first!!!!




    It is all twisted now --definately not laying flat!!!!!
    Name:  Attachment-42735.jpe
Views: 48
Size:  44.9 KB

  2. #2
    Super Member Shemjo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    St. Louis, Missouri
    Posts
    6,937
    Take a deep breath! Go do something else for a bit, then go back to it! I hate when someTHING like that gets to me. It does help to vent. {{{hugs}}}

  3. #3
    Power Poster Rhonda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Salem Iowa
    Posts
    15,264
    Blog Entries
    48
    I am ok now. I have taken the seams back apart and will start over here in a little bit.

    I had a lady tell me recently that she was intimidated by the perfect quilts she saw on her and by my work. I was thinking if you only knew!!!

    So here is the proof I am not a perfect quilter!!! I have more of these moments than I care to admit!!

  4. #4
    Power Poster MadQuilter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    ELVERTA, CA
    Posts
    13,065
    Blog Entries
    1
    Perfect or not, it will be beautiful!

  5. #5
    Power Poster Lacelady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    12,326
    Blog Entries
    19
    Poor Rhonda, we all have good days and bad days. Have an early night and sleep on it. It will seem a whole lot better in the morning.

    Ooopps, I just wrote the above because it's my bedtime, but the clock on the left is saying 13.25 - what time is it where you are? If an early night isn't appropriate, then just have a break and if all else fails, eat chocolate!

  6. #6
    2wheelwoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    879
    Thanks, on behalf of us newbies who assume that experienced quilters never have any snafus. It's comforting to know that the quilting gremlins can attack any place, any time...not just at MY house. :lol: :lol:

    Love the colors in the block and look forward to seeing the finished quilt in the future.

  7. #7
    Power Poster Rhonda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Salem Iowa
    Posts
    15,264
    Blog Entries
    48
    Quote Originally Posted by Lacelady
    Poor Rhonda, we all have good days and bad days. Have an early night and sleep on it. It will seem a whole lot better in the morning.

    Ooopps, I just wrote the above because it's my bedtime, but the clock on the left is saying 13.25 - what time is it where you are? If an early night isn't appropriate, then just have a break and if all else fails, eat chocolate!
    Well right now it says it is 6:49 pm so I won't go to bed for awhile but I have taken a break and will probably go back and work on it again after while. Thanks for the suggestions! I can always eat chocolate!!

  8. #8
    Power Poster Rhonda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Salem Iowa
    Posts
    15,264
    Blog Entries
    48
    Quote Originally Posted by 2wheelwoman
    Thanks, on behalf of us newbies who assume that experienced quilters never have any snafus. It's comforting to know that the quilting gremlins can attack any place, any time...not just at MY house. :lol: :lol:

    Love the colors in the block and look forward to seeing the finished quilt in the future.
    I don't do quilts I make hotpads and small stuff. This is one of 6 hotpad tops I have to make for an order. I willl post them when I get them done.
    This lady ordered the 6 tops and I will make them and send them to her and then she will make them into a quilt at least I suppose that is what she will do with them.

  9. #9
    Moderator tlrnhi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    In the middle of a mess...
    Posts
    19,869
    Rhonda....get yourself a big mallet.
    When the seams don't want to play nice, take the mallet out and show it to the seams. They'll play nice. If not...USE the mallet! ;)

  10. #10
    Power Poster Rhonda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Salem Iowa
    Posts
    15,264
    Blog Entries
    48
    Quote Originally Posted by tlrnhi
    Rhonda....get yourself a big mallet.
    When the seams don't want to play nice, take the mallet out and show it to the seams. They'll play nice. If not...USE the mallet! ;)
    I will definately keep this in mind!!! A little tough love huh!!!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.