Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
General's Wives Completed Top >

General's Wives Completed Top

General's Wives Completed Top

Old 04-22-2012, 12:56 PM

Very, very handsome....I love those colors together and the setting really unifies the individual blocks.
Old 04-24-2012, 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by quiltgramm View Post
I am working on this quilt now and have can't believe the errors in the pattern. I have to cut everything larger ( such as 4 7/8 I cut just above 5") and am using a really scant, scant 1/4" seam to boot just to be able to square to 12.5". Most blocks want to finish at 12 1/4" following the directions. One actually finished at the required 12.5 without modification. I have made 5 of the pieced blocks and have had to "remake" 3 of them. Same problem with setting block #2. Most of the remakes were due to stripes. The pattern was wrong on all of them. Even the photos on block 10 (I'm not making them in any order) has three different pictures of the stripes and each is different. I love the quilt but think the patterns should be better designed. I have been quilting for at least 30 years and have never had such problems.

Your quilt is beautiful, great job. I can hardly wait to get mine finished even thought it has been so frustrating!
I agree, there were errors in the patterns and I re-made some blocks multiple times as a result. I hear you about the stripes - arghhh! I managed to get them in the same direction on most of the blocks, but not all. This was by far the most challenging quilt I have made to date.

So many of you have asked that I post it again when it has been longarmed. I took it in on the weekend and should have it back in about 6 weeks. She quoted me $265 for a basic, all over (probably meander) pattern. Imagine how awesome it would be if Charisma (she posts in this thread quite often and is incredibly talented) worked on this! I will post it when it is ready, sometime in May.
Old 04-24-2012, 06:29 PM

Stunning quilt!
Old 04-25-2012, 08:57 AM

I absolutely CANNOT wait to see this one quilted!!! I love all your quilts! You have a great eye for both color (I love the toile in this one -- just the right touch) & design. Keep'em coming!
Old 04-25-2012, 09:02 AM

That is one big. Beauty. Love the fabrics!
Old 04-25-2012, 02:17 PM
Power Poster

Looks great! Nice job!