Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Got my answer - NO FREEZER PAPER - thanks >

Got my answer - NO FREEZER PAPER - thanks

Got my answer - NO FREEZER PAPER - thanks

Old 01-14-2011, 04:24 AM

I don't get why freezer paper is so hard to find lol. I take it for granted that it is everywhere here. For awhile those bleach pens were all the drooled over items in Australia since they didn't get them there. Sadly those we can't ship either.

If you are going to do freezer paper paper piecing you might be able to do a similar way and just use a washable glue stick to hold your fabrics in place. I saw that done on tv. I know it isn't what you wanted to hear but it's just a thought :)
Old 01-14-2011, 07:07 AM

Thanks for the information. I think that freezer paper is not as readily available in some countries. Please correct me if I am wrong but I have not been able to find freezer paper in England in the supermarkets or local shops and not all the LQS have freezer paper either.
Old 01-14-2011, 07:53 AM

cuddlyquilter, you could try using it like I use the Press and Seal. Draw a quilting pattern on it with a permanent marker, let it draw, and smooth the film (in this case you will probably have to pin it) over your quilt, quilt the pattern & tear away the paper.
Also, if you can see through it, you could draw your whole appliqué background onto it and use it for a placement quide. Just a couple things that you could use it for, I know not what you were hoping for though.
Old 01-14-2011, 08:19 AM
Administrator

I can't find a shipping information page here. you may have to send an email to find out whether or not they can ship to Australia.

http://www.cjenkinscompany.com/C_Jen..._Paper_s/2.htm

their freezer paper is a wee bit pricier than what we get in the grocery store, but it's been especially designed for crafters.
Old 01-14-2011, 08:38 AM

Originally Posted by BizzieLizzie
Thanks for the information. I think that freezer paper is not as readily available in some countries. Please correct me if I am wrong but I have not been able to find freezer paper in England in the supermarkets or local shops and not all the LQS have freezer paper either.
had the same problem but I now get mine from creative grids
Old 01-14-2011, 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by BizzieLizzie
Freezer paper is available from any quilt shop in Uk, I have bought it in Tesco too, cottonpatch.co.uk sell it as well as loads of fabric etc they are in Birmingham and do mail it to you. It come in a box like the one Obsessed had shown here except the box is blue. It is not expensive and there is loads in the box
Old 03-28-2011, 06:26 AM

Hi Cuddlyquilter,
I am from Pretoria ...just saw your post on FP ...
I bought a whole box of Reynolds FP online from a lady in Roodepoort ...
Grace Nobili from http:/quiltecfabrics.co.za
She's got some good stuff and is very reliable with the posted packages.
You can give her a try - I'm sure you won't be sorry.
Old 03-28-2011, 07:33 AM

Originally Posted by calano1
Hi Cuddlyquilter,
I am from Pretoria ...just saw your post on FP ...
I bought a whole box of Reynolds FP online from a lady in Roodepoort ...
Grace Nobili from http:/quiltecfabrics.co.za
She's got some good stuff and is very reliable with the posted packages.
You can give her a try - I'm sure you won't be sorry.
Oh i cannot believe this, i send my quilts to be stop stitched with Grace.....small world. I never gave it a thought that she would be selling it. Thanks very much for the info. I will most definitely get hold of her. By the way, her top stitching of quilts is fantastic. I have had 5 quilts done by her. Look at my pics, and you will see a couple of my quilts. Happy sewing
Old 03-28-2011, 07:53 AM

For the longest time we couldn't buy the white freezer paper in Canada except at a LQS and it was very expensive. Now we can buy it almost anywhere. Reynolds is the brand. There are even directions on the box for using it for quilting.