Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 11 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Hand Quilter's Finished Quilt

In the middle of the forest, In The middle of North Carolina

I have been quilting for about 12 years now and in that time I have made about 30 full size quilts and a few minis.

I have only been on here about 2 months and I have seen beautiful work that is so inspiring for me. When I see a quilt that one of you have made in a weekend and see how pretty it is I feel a little envy and think maybe I am going about this quilting all wrong. Then I sit down at my floor frame and pick up a quilting needle and I remember why I love the way I quilt.

I am a scrap quilter and seldom buy anything larger than a fq. Granted I have over 1000 of them, but still just a scrap quilter. I won't be posting a picture every week, Only about 3 or 4 times a year.

This is a good example of the type of quilting I do. I hope you like it.

Thanks for all the beautiful quilts to look at . I love seeing them all, the only problem is that my "Must Make Quilts" list is growing! :lol: :lol:

Attached Images Attached Images  

Izy
    Oh Ninnie your quilt is absolutely beautiful...and I think you hit the nail on the head when you expressed that you enjoy the journey of quilting as much as the end product, I too have found myself drawn to scrap quilting, I just love the buzz from selecting fabrics and making something unique :D :D :D

Oooo, good job! Very pretty!

Quote Originally Posted by Izy
    Oh Ninnie your quilt is absolutely beautiful...and I think you hit the nail on the head when you expressed that you enjoy the journey of quilting as much as the end product, I too have found myself drawn to scrap quilting, I just love the buzz from selecting fabrics and making something unique :D :D :D

Thank you Izy, I'm so glad you like it! It took 3 months to quilt it, but loved every minute of it! :D

Thank you sewserer 2 . Glad you like it! I was scared to post, not used to showint my quilts to so many! I do love this board. :D

Ninnie

I love your quilt. I too am a hand quilter and love every minute of it. It takes a long time but so worth it in the ene.

Quote Originally Posted by quiltinggrandmaca
    I love your quilt. I too am a hand quilter and love every minute of it. It takes a long time but so worth it in the ene.

Thanks! I'm so glad you understand! Sometimes I feel like the tortoise in the race! :lol:

Ninnie

k3n
    Blog Entries
    Ninnie, you have nothing to be scared of! It's beautiful. I always used to hand piece but have done a lot more machine piecing since being on here - too many patterns I want to try! BUT I'll never give up my hand quilting, I love it too!

Quote Originally Posted by k3n
    Ninnie, you have nothing to be scared of! It's beautiful. I always used to hand piece but have done a lot more machine piecing since being on here - too many patterns I want to try! BUT I'll never give up my hand quilting, I love it too!

Wow I can't believe how many of us there are on here! I don't feel so alone anymore! :D
    Ninnie

Very nice, Ninnie! I am a hand quilter and would not give it up, even when I do some machine quilting. There is nothing as relaxing as hand quiting, and I love the beautiful designs. Stand up and take a bow! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Blog Entries
    BEAUTIFUL!

Page 1 of 11 1 2 ... LastLast