Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Heart Table Topper as a gift

Blog Entries

Heart Table Topper as a gift

One of our friends worked on my crafting table on a Sunday afternoon taking time away from his family, so my husband suggested I make them a quilted gift as a thank you to show my appreciation. The husband is not going to be thrilled with this table topper, but his wife will, and in turn, make everyone happy. The colors are pink, not purple. My camera skews the colors.

Notes on alterations: I trimmed the curves of the scallops down a little. When I put the binding on, the scallops curved upward. With the decrease of the curve, it lays pretty flat. I usually make a double layer on the binding, but this one worked better with a single layer. (LOL - yes I made a bias binding. )

Roberta shared the link to this Valentine table topper under the Links and Resources category here on the QB.

Cute little Valentine table quilt

I am so thankful for all those who share projects and either give instruction or provide the website where to find the instructions. Here is the direct link to this table topper:

http://www.favequilts.com/Valentines/Valentines-Day-Table-Topper/ct/1#

Attached Images Attached Images Click to view large image 
    Last edited by Homemother; 01-26-2012 at 07:39 AM. Reason: additional information

Very lovely.

You do beautiful work and I'm sure they will appreciate this tangible Thank you!
    Lara B.
    ... My husband lets me buy all the fabric I can hide.

http://www.buzzinbumble.com/

Very pretty and I'm sure they will love it!

Love your table topper. Thanks for providing the pattern.

It's beautiful and you did a fabulous job. And you might well be surprised when the husband falls in love with it too. A lot of guys can really appreciate such art and quality work. Thank you for sharing.

Beautiful, I am sure they will all love it, including the husband, if the wife is happy he is happy!
    http://cupofteaandasliceofcake.blogspot.com/

That is so cute!! Thanks for sharing pattern information.

Really well done. I love the colors.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Homemother View Post
    One of our friends worked on my crafting table on a Sunday afternoon taking time away from his family, so my husband suggested I make them a quilted gift as a thank you to show my appreciation. The husband is not going to be thrilled with this table topper, but his wife will, and in turn, make everyone happy. The colors are pink, not purple. My camera skews the colors.

Notes on alterations: I trimmed the curves of the scallops down a little. When I put the binding on, the scallops curved upward. With the decrease of the curve, it lays pretty flat. I usually make a double layer on the binding, but this one worked better with a single layer. (LOL - yes I made a bias binding. )

Roberta shared the link to this Valentine table topper under the Links and Resources category here on the QB.

Cute little Valentine table quilt

I am so thankful for all those who share projects and either give instruction or provide the website where to find the instructions. Here is the direct link to this table topper:

http://www.favequilts.com/Valentines/Valentines-Day-Table-Topper/ct/1#

WOW, it is absolutely Gorgeous!! I love it & your pattern & colors couldn't be any nicer together. What a nice job you have done making this great gift. I know it will be loved & treasured for a very long time!!
    If you see someone without a SMILE, please give them one of yours!!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast