Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: Help! I can't bring myself to cut it up

Quote Originally Posted by paulswalia View Post
    You're not alone. I have a piece with no emotional ties like you with your grandmother, but just love, love, love that fabric and every time I think about using it I break out in a sweat! I think you have come up with a good solution above - doesn't need to be a fancy quilt, just needs to be something that reminds you of gramma. I like Queen's idea above, narrow black inner border then more of the stripe - if no more stripe, put a red border on it.
    Me, too. Getting ready to start next week after a year of humming and hawing. Just time to get it done!

Since it reminds you of grams, keep pieces as intact as possible, make a sewing machine cover. That way every time you go in your sewing space you can see the fabric and enjoy it.

It looks wonderful...

That is a beautiful fabric. Black border / red binding maybe?
    Everyday is a good day for Quilting!

I think this would be a great way to use the fabric. It would be a great way to remember your grandma by.

Quote Originally Posted by ube quilting View Post
    I think this looks great. How about a narrow black strip on each side of the stripe material too! Maybe 3/4" wide!
    Wow! And what will the backing be?
    peace.
    I think this is a great idea...would add just a bit extra to frame that lovely fabric.

I know how you feel. A few years ago I purchased a bundle of fat quarters of the most luscious batiks and can't bear to cut into them. Each is more beautiful than the other. Occasionally I will take them out and stare at them thinking I will be inspired to make something beautiful for myself. They're basically all darks. At the time, my vision was to use a solid dark brown as sashing (I love darks) but as far as the choice of blocks, I have no idea where to go with that. So in the meantime, I just fondle the batiks and remain satisfied with that. I admire those who can just cut away and make something beautiful.
    One step at a time, always forward.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3