Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Help me decide?

I did this design for some fabric that I just LOVE. It's soft, romantic and so pretty that I wanted large pieces of it in a simple pattern.

One has the lightest fabric in the diamond pattern around the center, the other has a medium fabric around the center with the lightest in the 4 squares around the center. I like both but I'm leaning towards the lightest 4 squares because the diamond pattern in the light emphasizes the 4 large light squares instead of the eye seeing it as a diamond.

What do you think? I haven't ordered the fabric yet so I need to decide on the placement for the yardage.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

I vote for the first one :)

I vote for the first one as well. That will be beautiful!!!

I think the first one too.

The more I consider it, the more I like the first one too. It breaks up the blue that is kind of blending all together in the second one.

Banned
    Are those toile fabrics!??!! LOVE those.... I like the first one. Can't wait to see more pics!

Yes, two of them are toile. I love them too. :-D The fabric is called Cotillion. I'm going with the first one and I ordered the fabric tonight.

It is such an easy pattern that it could probably be done in a day.

Gorgeous... I like both! lol

Put them side by side on the screen of your computer, walk away and do something else, then come back in and look at the screen .... go with the thought that hits you first, you'll know which one you prefer. :-)

lol... That's kind of what I've been doing but not side by side. I keep coming back to looking at the one with more of the light, it draws my eye first.

Quote Originally Posted by pittsburgpam
    lol... That's kind of what I've been doing but not side by side. I keep coming back to looking at the one with more of the light, it draws my eye first.
    There's your answer then. ;-)

I think it's the walking away bit... stop thinking about it, look at something else, then go back but pay attention and listen to the first instinct. We usually have excellent instincts, we just over think things and don't trust ourselves enough.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast