I did a round robin in my quilt group that was nearly two years ago and finally finished my last round for my daughter. I want to finish this for the fair. I have run into some issues on quilting it though.
What I do know:
1. On the paisley green and orange flowers in corners, I am going to do the same design motiff down with molar feathers and leaves.
2. I think coming out of the center on the orange and yellow before the green do paisley molar feathers and leaves on vines.
3. On the pebble borders around the center area after the yellow the tiny border do pebbles for sure.
4. On the outside yellow, yellow/orange, orange, and the red tiny borders, do rope to set each apart as a frame.
5. Outer border need to do something simple on the background red with dots fabric because not going to see much.
6. Doing a near solid on backing with an orange/copper thread to show all the quilting.
Don't Know and Nee help
1. The center. The block is the same as the four corners so whatever I do in center I will do to outside.
2. The friendship star round not sure what to do in each of those and larger areas. Stars just don't seem to belong in the quilting.
3. On the light green towards center area, what to do there. Should it be just lines like a fence?
4. On the yellow background behind the applique, do you think that leaf vines and molar feathers, making real small of course, would be nice?
5. In outside stars, putting molar feathers inside the center filling the space with tendrils on the star points work?
Please let me know what you think.