Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19

Thread: HELP!!!???

  1. #1
    mrsalshhadeh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Puerto Rico
    Posts
    99
    I am making a quilt for my mother,, it wil have all her GB names and DOB, but,, after thinking about it,, I thought to use some green to make the stems,,, What do you think? Should I use it? Or just stick with the flowers? I appreciate all of your advice and opinions,, when I am around masters at this wonderful, but disappearing art, I feel so much more artistic,, Thank you all.. I love the pictures,,and the topics... this is by far the best board I have ever seen or been apart of! And beleive me,,I have searched for one to call home,, and now,, guess what!!! IM HOME!!!!! :P

    stem? or no stem???
    Name:  Attachment-51503.jpe
Views: 19
Size:  70.4 KB

  2. #2
    Stummel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Hampshire, UK
    Posts
    266
    I like it better without the stems or with thinner appliqued stems. Great colours though!

  3. #3
    Moderator sharon b's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Northern Indiana
    Posts
    20,484
    Blog Entries
    10
    I like the idea of a stem, but how will you pull the rest of it together ? What would you use to fill in the spaces between the flowers and stems ?
    Are you doing applique or the whole thing by hand as a Grandmothers flower garden ?

    I have one planned out in my mind kind of similiar to yours, and up top I want to do them in blues and whites for the sky, and add some yellows for the sun . My dream :wink: LOL

  4. #4
    mrsalshhadeh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Puerto Rico
    Posts
    99
    Quote Originally Posted by Stummel
    I like it better without the stems or with thinner appliqued stems. Great colours though!
    THANKS!!!!! I appreciate it!!!! :-D :thumbup:

  5. #5
    mrsalshhadeh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Puerto Rico
    Posts
    99
    Quote Originally Posted by sharon b
    I like the idea of a stem, but how will you pull the rest of it together ? What would you use to fill in the spaces between the flowers and stems ?
    Are you doing applique or the whole thing by hand as a Grandmothers flower garden ?

    I have one planned out in my mind kind of similiar to yours, and up top I want to do them in blues and whites for the sky, and add some yellows for the sun . My dream :wink: LOL
    I am going to fill it in with a sky color fabric,, and it will all be hex's. And yes, it is the grandmother flower garden, however mommys GB call her Nana,,, it is all going to be done by hand,,, this is my first all by hand,, but it is going to gether faster than I thought,,,, wish me lots of luck,, and een more patience!!!!

  6. #6
    Moderator sharon b's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Northern Indiana
    Posts
    20,484
    Blog Entries
    10
    How fun, you are doing great ! What size hexs are you using ? Mine are I think 3 inches so they do go fast :lol:

  7. #7
    Super Member Maggiesmom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Middle Tennessee
    Posts
    2,017
    Blog Entries
    1
    It is beautiful: but I think I would go without stems at all.

  8. #8
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    2,272
    I think I would like it without the stems. But I tend to be a very traditional quilter. Can't wait to see your finished quilt! Please share pictures later.

  9. #9
    mrsalshhadeh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Puerto Rico
    Posts
    99
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobbielinks
    I think I would like it without the stems. But I tend to be a very traditional quilter. Can't wait to see your finished quilt! Please share pictures later.
    Of course,, how could I not share with you all?!!!!

  10. #10
    Community Manager PatriceJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    6,824
    Blog Entries
    3
    if you follow this link you'll find a worksheet generator. pick the size of your paper and the size of your hexagons. the smaller the hexagons, the more it will fit onto the worksheet.

    using color pencils you can decide which colors to put where. i think you might like using the green "here and there" around the flowers, like leaves. then, if you're feeling adventurous, you could applique some stems that wind in and around the flowers - like a vine.

    http://incompetech.com/graphpaper/hexagonal/

    welcome home! :-)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.