Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
HELP!!!??? >

HELP!!!???

HELP!!!???

Old 05-08-2010, 08:57 AM

I am making a quilt for my mother,, it wil have all her GB names and DOB, but,, after thinking about it,, I thought to use some green to make the stems,,, What do you think? Should I use it? Or just stick with the flowers? I appreciate all of your advice and opinions,, when I am around masters at this wonderful, but disappearing art, I feel so much more artistic,, Thank you all.. I love the pictures,,and the topics... this is by far the best board I have ever seen or been apart of! And beleive me,,I have searched for one to call home,, and now,, guess what!!! IM HOME!!!!! :P

stem? or no stem???
[ATTACH=CONFIG]51503[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-51503.jpe  
Old 05-08-2010, 09:02 AM

I like it better without the stems or with thinner appliqued stems. Great colours though!
Old 05-08-2010, 09:03 AM
Power Poster

I like the idea of a stem, but how will you pull the rest of it together ? What would you use to fill in the spaces between the flowers and stems ?
Are you doing applique or the whole thing by hand as a Grandmothers flower garden ?

I have one planned out in my mind kind of similiar to yours, and up top I want to do them in blues and whites for the sky, and add some yellows for the sun . My dream :wink: LOL
Old 05-08-2010, 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by Stummel
I like it better without the stems or with thinner appliqued stems. Great colours though!
THANKS!!!!! I appreciate it!!!! :-D :thumbup:
Old 05-08-2010, 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by sharon b
I like the idea of a stem, but how will you pull the rest of it together ? What would you use to fill in the spaces between the flowers and stems ?
Are you doing applique or the whole thing by hand as a Grandmothers flower garden ?

I have one planned out in my mind kind of similiar to yours, and up top I want to do them in blues and whites for the sky, and add some yellows for the sun . My dream :wink: LOL
I am going to fill it in with a sky color fabric,, and it will all be hex's. And yes, it is the grandmother flower garden, however mommys GB call her Nana,,, it is all going to be done by hand,,, this is my first all by hand,, but it is going to gether faster than I thought,,,, wish me lots of luck,, and een more patience!!!!
Old 05-08-2010, 09:08 AM
Power Poster

How fun, you are doing great ! What size hexs are you using ? Mine are I think 3 inches so they do go fast :lol:
Old 05-08-2010, 09:17 AM

It is beautiful: but I think I would go without stems at all.
Old 05-08-2010, 09:22 AM

I think I would like it without the stems. But I tend to be a very traditional quilter. Can't wait to see your finished quilt! Please share pictures later.
Old 05-08-2010, 09:27 AM

Originally Posted by Bobbielinks
I think I would like it without the stems. But I tend to be a very traditional quilter. Can't wait to see your finished quilt! Please share pictures later.
Of course,, how could I not share with you all?!!!!
Old 05-08-2010, 09:33 AM
Administrator

if you follow this link you'll find a worksheet generator. pick the size of your paper and the size of your hexagons. the smaller the hexagons, the more it will fit onto the worksheet.

using color pencils you can decide which colors to put where. i think you might like using the green "here and there" around the flowers, like leaves. then, if you're feeling adventurous, you could applique some stems that wind in and around the flowers - like a vine.

http://incompetech.com/graphpaper/hexagonal/

welcome home! :-)