Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: hooked rug into a baby quilt: help!

My sister hooked this rug and the pattern named is "Jacob's Ladder." I want to make a baby quilt to go with it and this Jacob's ladder doesn't match the Ladder pattern I come up with.
    Does anyone have an idea for a pattern similar to this? I thought about doing just boxed squares - that would be easier!!

Also, this is my first time doing a picture here - I'llsay a prayer that it works!

jacobs ladder hooked rug
    attachment-73201.jpe

Love the rug. How nice to make a quilt to match. How about using a Diamond Log Cabin pattern. Change the colors so each round is all the same fabric. Add a triangle to alternating sides to make a square.

http://ajpadilla.com/public/image/Ch..._log_skirt.jpg

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jbud2
    My sister hooked this rug and the pattern named is "Jacob's Ladder." I want to make a baby quilt to go with it and this Jacob's ladder doesn't match the Ladder pattern I come up with.
    Does anyone have an idea for a pattern similar to this? I thought about doing just boxed squares - that would be easier!!

Also, this is my first time doing a picture here - I'llsay a prayer that it works!
    Is your sister looking for another sister, to adopt?! yikees! what a beauty!

It pays to pray, doesn't it! Thanks for the picture.I also thought about tumbling blocks or some call it baby blocks. (Or is there a difference?)

That is a beautiful rug. How lucky to have two such talented people in the same family.

Not like the Jacob's Ladders I've seen. Looks like a sort of tumbling blocks. Still looks great - no matter what its called.

I say tumbling blocks, the one I would like to try is,
    easy strip- pieced tumbling blocks. You can find it on
    you tube.

Thanks everyone! I'll check the ideas you posted and see what I can find. A couple years ago I made a big lap quilt for a niece that was getting married and my sister hooked a rug to go with the quilt. Sissy said it was her turn to go first. . .

Power Poster
    You could try to duplicate the basic angles of the rug.

The skinny solid color diamond looks like the angles might be 30-150-30-150 degrees.

The patterned diamonds/slanted squares look like their angles might be 75-105-75-105 degrees.

The tumbling blocks assembly technique could be adapted to these angles.

(Someone might want to check out the numbers - I think they are right - but they may not be)

It is rewarding to find a use for that old geometry class!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast