Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: how should I quilt this large tablerunner?

Blog Entries

how should I quilt this large tablerunner?

Made this table runner for my nephew and his girlfriend who are getting married in a couple of weeks. it kinda turned out larger than I wanted (lol) but i figure it would be good on a coffee table or maybe even on the back of their sofa. Colors didn't turn out quite as vibrant as it is. It is done in black, white and red. the white background and border have some sparkle to it. I am not good at stitch in the ditch and thought of just shadow stitching around the twisters in the middle and then using a wavy stitch centered on the border. I was thinking of doing the stitching in black? It is going to have a black binding on it.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

i like your runner- the echo quilting would probably be nice and your borders too- i (personally) would not use black thread- i would use white- black is going to show up every single stitch---of course if that's what you like/want then by all means go for it- it just wouldn't be my choice-
    maybe put together a small practice sandwich & do what you want in the borders on it with the black- and decide if you like it or not before commiting yourself on the real thing....just my thoughts.
    hiding away in my stash where i'm warm, safe and happy

Blog Entries
    I agree white thread
    With echoing or small stippling

Quote Originally Posted by Diane007 View Post
    I agree white thread
    With echoing or small stippling
    This is my thoughts exactly! Except I would say echoing and stippling in the background.
    RedGarnet222

"Take your needle, my child, and work at your pattern ... It will come out a rose by and by. Life is like that ...one stitch at a time, taken patiently."
    *Oliver Wendell Holms

Power Poster
    I like the echo idea!!