Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
How would you quilt this one? >

How would you quilt this one?

How would you quilt this one?

Old 06-29-2012, 04:32 PM

I also made this quilt...and meandered it...looked awesome!
Originally Posted by kat112000 View Post
Beautiful! I made the same pattern and just meandered the whole thing and I think it looks good.
Old 06-30-2012, 03:32 AM

I've never hand-quilted batiks either, I don't think I'm up to the challenge , but I have quilted with sheets, and you're not supposed to, for the same reason...

However, with this quilt, the top is so busy, I don't think hand quilting would show, so I'd probably machine quilt. I only hand quilt on very um, "blah" quilts, for lack of a better word. Whole cloth quilts, applique quilts with lots of white space, etc. I want that hard work to be the "star" of the quilt.

I like to take my top to my fabric store and audition stencils on it. On your quilt, I would keep the quilting simple.. SID the straight lines and echo the curves, maybe. You have already put so much work into it and it's so pretty that it doesn't "need" anything else to make it "pop". This could also be a good time to try one of the decorative stitches on your sewing machine and just SID. It will be lovely!!
Old 06-30-2012, 07:55 AM

I would quilt by machine, the hand quilting would not show up on this quilt. Could you try echoing the curves in the quilt, perhaps on a practice piece? If you had a guide on the foot and stitched 1 inch inside and outside each curve that would emphasize the circles. You could SID first to stabilize the quilt if needed.