Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 7 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: I am stumped

Made this topper, need to add 15" to sides... wondering if I should just do it in the cream, want it so that eye is drawn to top.. bed ruffle will be the paisely (dark fabric).
    Another thought was to have the few 8 point stars ( same colors as in the topper) just floating with cream background..
    I am just stuck... I need a new set(s)of eyes, Look forward
    thank you all in advance!
    Attached Images Attached Images    

WOW -- beautiful quilt!! I think a large cream border would look nice, especially if you're using a dark bed skirt -- That would be easiest way to finish it. However, the idea of a few smaller "floating stars" in the border would also be beautiful! :D

Quote Originally Posted by sewjoyce
    WOW -- beautiful quilt!! I think a large cream border would look nice, especially if you're using a dark bed skirt -- That would be easiest way to finish it. However, the idea of a few smaller "floating stars" in the border would also be beautiful! :D
    i agree totally!
    Lovely quilt!

i agree, a cream border would look nice. this quilt is beautiful, just love the colors that you did together!!

I think the cream border would be good. Love your quilt.

Yup, what they said!
    It sure is pretty!

Well, i have a different opinion. :) While I think a cream would look lovely, I think the paisley fabric would look nice and set off the center a little better. Plus, the edges and sides send to get rubbed up against, hence show dirt. The darker will hide that sort of thing.

It looks great the way it is, but if you say you want more, I would do the cream and then a bit of the brown and then the binding in brown.

Quote Originally Posted by Esqmommy
    Well, i have a different opinion. :) While I think a cream would look lovely, I think the paisley fabric would look nice and set off the center a little better. Plus, the edges and sides send to get rubbed up against, hence show dirt. The darker will hide that sort of thing.
    I agree, the paisley fabric would make an awesome outter border and not show dirt as much as the cream. What's the name of this pattern? I really like it. You've done a fabulous job...

Banned
    Beautiful job! I love it! I agree, I think the paisley would look awesome as a border.......but either would look great. I can't wait to see it finished!

Page 1 of 7 1 2 ... LastLast