Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: I am stumped

Made this topper, need to add 15" to sides... wondering if I should just do it in the cream, want it so that eye is drawn to top.. bed ruffle will be the paisely (dark fabric).
    Another thought was to have the few 8 point stars ( same colors as in the topper) just floating with cream background..
    I am just stuck... I need a new set(s)of eyes, Look forward
    thank you all in advance!
    Attached Images Attached Images

WOW -- beautiful quilt!! I think a large cream border would look nice, especially if you're using a dark bed skirt -- That would be easiest way to finish it. However, the idea of a few smaller "floating stars" in the border would also be beautiful! :D

Quote Originally Posted by sewjoyce
    WOW -- beautiful quilt!! I think a large cream border would look nice, especially if you're using a dark bed skirt -- That would be easiest way to finish it. However, the idea of a few smaller "floating stars" in the border would also be beautiful! :D
    i agree totally!
    Lovely quilt!

i agree, a cream border would look nice. this quilt is beautiful, just love the colors that you did together!!

I think the cream border would be good. Love your quilt.

Yup, what they said!
    It sure is pretty!

Well, i have a different opinion. :) While I think a cream would look lovely, I think the paisley fabric would look nice and set off the center a little better. Plus, the edges and sides send to get rubbed up against, hence show dirt. The darker will hide that sort of thing.

It looks great the way it is, but if you say you want more, I would do the cream and then a bit of the brown and then the binding in brown.

Quote Originally Posted by Esqmommy
    Well, i have a different opinion. :) While I think a cream would look lovely, I think the paisley fabric would look nice and set off the center a little better. Plus, the edges and sides send to get rubbed up against, hence show dirt. The darker will hide that sort of thing.
    I agree, the paisley fabric would make an awesome outter border and not show dirt as much as the cream. What's the name of this pattern? I really like it. You've done a fabulous job...

Banned
    Beautiful job! I love it! I agree, I think the paisley would look awesome as a border.......but either would look great. I can't wait to see it finished!

Blog Entries
    That is a beautiful quilt. I'd go with the cream border.

Beautiful. I'd go with the floating stars :thumbup: :thumbup:

What about the brown? Is it brown? The Brown-to me anyway, would not take away from the “busy”-ness of the top, it would be a darker color to "ground" the quilt... and still not distract from the paisley skirt.

I love color- and the cream (for me) is used to make the center "pop" but to take it down the sides I think would keep they eye wanting more.

I think if you used the paisley, it would distract away from the detailed stars and not give you the look you want- the paisley would give the eye too much to look at- but the brown (at least this is the color my screen shows me) would give a grounding color, make the sides "look" heavier YET, slim the sides down gently, making the center work really POP- and become the focal point!

and then…

make a extra wide binding in the cream to "frame" it- this will create a line of distinction to set off the skirt and give the quilt all the attention it deserves.

BUT- this is simply my own opinion... I think the decision is yours- and you need to do what you think is your personal taste! GOOD LUCK- I am sure that we would all like to see what you decide!! :) :) :) :)

I think the cream would be lovely since you're having a paisley "skirt" .. you could sprinkle on some stars.. or even a small row of flying geese to continue the spikey theme and not distract from the quilt.

Yes! I would think mainly the cream, but maybe with a "vine" of the paisley with the blue "leaves every 8 inches or so -----just a thought!

I would like the darker color on the border to help anchor it to the bed. It is a beautiful quilt and I love your colors. Great job

Blog Entries
    I would like the paisley. I think it would ground it and make the top POP!

I said WOW when I opened this thread. This quilt is a stunner! I say it needs the blue on the outside to bring the main color into play.
    The best way to "see" what it will look like is to pin it up to the wall and audition the different colors with it to see which one you like. It make a Big difference seeing it up on a wall.

I think either the brown or the paisley. I fear the cream would look like you tried to make it bigger. I know that's what your're doing, but you don't want it to LOOK that way! At any rate - it's a gorgeous quilt and the color combo is wonderful.

Blog Entries
    Your work is perfect I would say

Cream + 4 star corners . Then dark ruffle if u like

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I think you need to audition each choice and see which you prefer. They all have their merits, but seeing it is the best way to make a choice. That being said, there is something to be said for darker fabrics that don't show every spot. Especially if you have pets.

That is one beautiful top!! I can't wait to see what you do with it! Great job!

I personally think you should do the border with one of the aqua/turquoise colors from the center stars.

I don't think the paisley would look good because I think it will be too busy and too much of a distraction.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sewjoyce
    That would also give you some space to do some pretty quilting inbetween the stars :D:D:D

Thinking that you should send it to me so I can have a closer look at it. If I get inspired maybe I will finish it for you and try it out on my bed, LOL. Oh and maybe by then I will have lost your address, darn it!

That is stunning! Love the colors and the balance and EVERYTHING! My address is...........

Thank you everyone for all your ideas and kind works... still stumped :cry: As someone stated by adding all cream it would make it look like I am just trying to make it larger... do not want that look... I may take the border off and extend the blocks... and then end it with the border... another thought...
    this one is just drivng me crazy,,, lol

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast