I started this paper piecing project last spring. I worked on it for a few days, set it aside, picked it back up, set it aside... I had all the pieces (except one that I had to remake due to a color misplacment) and it nearly sewn together. I was having issues getting my points to match in a major intersection right in the center. I must have sewn & ripped it apart at least 6 times. I would bring my bag of pieces to and from my Sewing Saturdays and never open it up.
Yesterday I had a few friends over to sew and I really didn't have much to work on and I couldn't decide on something new to do so I kicked this out!
The problem intersection I used glue to hold it in place to match those points. There are two spots that the points do not add up nicely and one spot in the castle where the piece is shifted but I had to just walk away and claim acceptable loss. I wanted it perfect but it's good enough. My whole family is in love with this. It's suppose to be for my youngest son but I think it needs to be hung somewhere where we can all enjoy it.
I have another paper piecing project or two that I have been slowly kicking out. They're next on my rainy day project list!
This pattern (A Dragon's Tale - can be purchased online & through Ebay) was suppose to be 28x36. I enlarged it using posterazor then cut and taped together the pieces.
About 3/4 the way through I played with a glue stick and figured out how to paper piece without sewing through the paper. Man, I wish I tried that sooner! I won't paper piece any other way now.
I'm hoping to quilt it next weekend. I'm going to use that transparent monofilament and just outline the parts and do a little light quilting in the borders. I haven't decided what to quilt in the borders. It might just be some kind of a rope.
All I can say is that it feels good to be done!