Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: I Joined The Featherweight Club.....Picked Her Up This Morning.

Blog Entries

I Joined The Featherweight Club.....Picked Her Up This Morning.

I've waited a long time, four years to be exact, finally won one on ebay, I had all of my friends and relatives actively looking and searching for me, to no avail. Bid on several unsucessfully on ebay before. Last week was my lucky week. I have looked her up & over,she was made in 1941, oiled her and other than a few pins scratches, she's great cosmeticly(sp?) & she purrs like a kitten. Still working on thread tension,but all in all great experience.The seller on ebay made it a whole lot easier. YEAH ME!I am so excited.Can't wait to piece a quilt on her. I posted over on the vintage thread also, can you tell I'm a proud momma.lol.
    Attached Images Attached Images Click to view large image  Click to view large image 

Congrats!! Someday I hope to join the club!

It is a beautiful and shiny machine. Love those f/w's. Almost the year I was born.

Congrats! They are fun little machines. I get lots of comments when I pull mine out of my camper, plug it into my outside outlet and sit on the picnic table piecing a quilt of making other small projects. It stays in the camper all summer then into my sewing room for the winter. Mine is a 1943 221 Featherweight my DH got me a few years ago for our anniversary. I've only taken 1 sewing class but it went with me. I took a Featherweight class also to learn how to clean and maintain my little gem. Worth the money if you get a chance to go to one. Enjoy!

Pretty! I love my FW and my 301!

Pretty machine and it looks like you got all the goodies to play with too! Congratulations.

Pat

That's beautiful! Been looking on ebay too. Maybe one of these days....lol

Glad to hear!!! They are so much fun. Enjoy!

OMG! We used to go to the Fla. Keys at Thanksgiving, and stayed at a wonderful Mom and Pops motel (It was so fantastic ---and a near thing-of the -past). I specifically asked the owner for a room where I could sew, as I took my machine. What's a vacation for????? The image you have described--camping and sewing.....I'm jealous!!!! That is the MOST WONDERFUL IMAGE. Good for you. You are Blessed!

(This response goes with the person CAMPING!!!)
    Last edited by SmickChick; 11-03-2011 at 06:36 PM. Reason: didn't post with message intended

Blog Entries
    Looks great glad you have a great sewing machine, I have one I received from my mil.\
    You are better than me you oiled your machine, I took it to dealer and had it cleaned, I need
    to learn how to service and oil my machine.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast