Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Woo Hoo!! I Have Joined the Featherweight Club!!

Cool Woo Hoo!! I Have Joined the Featherweight Club!!

I'm so excited! I bought a featherweight today, it should arrive next week!
    Happy birthday to me!!

Congratulations and happy birthday. You are going to love her.
    Kitsy

I am so happy for you!!! What color is it? what can you tell us about it now? Did you get the case and attachments for it? If you didn't get the attachments, you can use any low shank ones with it. Sew classic has bobbins, etc for it.
    I just got a green/white one this week and am thrilled with it. I got just the machine and today went to Michaels and got a rolling yarn tote for it. They are just the right size for the featherweight machines. They had moved my tote to the scrap booking area and that 's where I found it. The scrap book totes will work too as they are smaller than the regular machine totes.
    I'm sure you will enjoy using it. Welcome to the Featherweight Club!! Happy birthday!

Banned
    Good for you
    and, Happy Birthday

yaaahooo

Consider yourself lucky on three counts: 1) Happy Birthday!; 2) Congrats on the FW-you'll love her! and 3) I don't have YOUR phone number so I can't call and sing you Happy Birthday like I do to my kids...LOL
    If you feel like you're special...it's 'cause you are!
    Momto5

It's black. It's a 221-. There are some attachments. In the pictures, the paint is shiny and the decals and case (with keys) look to be in good condition. It looks like there might be some whites specks on the the corner of the bed and the foot pedal...but won't know what it is until I can touch her.

momto5--I tortured mine with several rounds of 99 bottles today. We had to take a ride in their car today and the radio is broken! Torture is my son's word

Suze

Janis--oh, you lucky dog! I really really really want a white/green one. But, it's not in the budget this year.

Blog Entries
    Happy B'day! You will love your FW. Most quilters are visual, so post pics if you can! Enjoy!
    Linda
    There may be times we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest. - Elie Wiesel

Blog Entries
    Congrats and Happy Birthday!!

Keep your eyes open, you'll find that white/green FW at a price you want!
    One day, you'll only be a memory for some people. Do your best to be a good one.

http://charleeturner.blogspot.com

FLQ
    I was just looking at a serial number list I found online. I had NO idea how many FWs had been manufactured. Thousands and thousands. I think anyone who wants one can find it right now. Prices are much different now too. When my dh bought me my black 221 prices were inflated (5 years ago). I just found a white/green 221k for about half of previous ones I've seen. I love my machines but this summer we're in the boondocks and one needs service. Thread gets hung up in the bobbin area and then it jams-and breaks. I've read everything, adjusted everything...guess I'm not very mechanical. I'm sure a sewing machine person wil have it corrected ASAP.

Congrats on your new baby, and Happy Birthday!
    Be a blessing to others, as you may entertain angels unaware!

FLQ, maybe this page will help you if there is thread hung up in the bobbin area. I found this page handy when I needed to put the 'finger' of the bobbin area back in place. The only thing that this page doesn't tell you is that it would be a lot easier to do if the needle plate is off first. The first drawing is what you need for your FW if there is thread stuck in the area. The little piece that has the tiny screw in just pulls out to the right and doesn't come all the way off. Good luck!

http://www.singer-featherweight.com/...Service17.html

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Suze9395 View Post
    I'm so excited! I bought a featherweight today, it should arrive next week!
    Happy birthday to me!!
    Very happy you have joined all of us. Now the next thing is to give her (or him), a name. Good luck and have fun you will love this little machine.

Blog Entries
    It is still my dream to own one. I love the pink ones and the white. But would take any color if I can find one. I will have to wait until next year also, not in budget this year for me either. But congrats to you and a BIG happy BD.
    Life is SEW great!!!!!!

Granny, the original colors for the FW are black, green/white, which is a greenish white rather than a stark white, and tan. I think there are some that seem to have more of a greenish tint to them than others, but I might be wrong. the black were made for a lot more years than the others, and the tan ones are the most scarce, I think. The other colors you see are ones that have been repainted, which looks nice, but takes away their historical value, I think.
    Keep your eyes out for one. Some have gotten them cheaply at yard sales, auctions and also on Craigslist. Good luck on your hunt.

Congrats and Happy Birthday!
    If a woman's work is never done....why start?

Transplanted from West Branch Iowa; now Wichita Kansas
    Happy Birthday and many more
    Congratulations on your featherweight.
    I do not know anything about them.everyone will have t0 filll mw\e in and inform me
    Rose Mary Phelps

Congrats! I am still hoping to find one some day!

Welcome to the Featherweight Club and Happy B.D.
    Lynn