Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: I need some input!

I need some input!

I have just finished FMQ on my Brother 1500 and I am pleased with the results but have some questions. I outlined everything that was gold with gold thread and you can't even tell! Should I have quilted the background in a light blue instead? Would it have made the peacocks stand out more? Then I quilted the border using blue thread instead of gold because I thought it would be too much gold. Now I wish I did. What do you think if I went over the blue in gold or just leave it alone? And finally - I sewed right on the GT tracing paper because I couldn't see the caulk markings. Now I have very small pieces of paper that I have to use a pair of twizzers to get it out of the stitches. Does that mean my FMQ stitches are to close to each other?

Here's my wall hanging
    Attached Images Attached Images        

Well, I think you did a wonderful job. I like it the way it is.

Looks good from here also. I would leave it alone.

Blog Entries
    Look great to me. The gold did show up nicely in the sashing but l would be afraid to retrace.

It is just stunning. We are always so ready to second guess ourselves. Enjoy it as it is for now. Later you may decide to go over the blue. I don't have an answer for the paper problem.

Blog Entries
    Me thinks you are a perfectionist! It is beautiful. Leave it alone. It is perfect.

Blog Entries
    I would leave the quilting alone, looks fabulous.
    As far as removing the paper, I always have to use tweezers for some of it. Your stitch length is probably fine. If you work a lot with paper, you'll learn tricks to removing it. You can try to gently pull along the stitch line, crease the paper on the stitch line, or spray it with a little water first.
    "I do not understand how anyone can live without one small place of enchantment to turn to."
    Marjorie Kinnan Rawlings

Power Poster
    The fabrics you used are beautiful - I think 'more' would detract from them. It looks very nice to me.

Your quilting looks great from here!

I too think it is gorgeous! As to the small paper pieces, I feel you. I've dealt with this too. Try rolling a sticky link remover roller over the stitches gently; I've had very good luck with those removing most of the paper pieces. (Also picks up any fur baby fur that many have found it's way onto my project... )
    Last edited by beatys9; 09-30-2012 at 02:32 PM.
    Shannon

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast