Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: I Spy quilt for Spencer and other stuff.

What is the name for the pattern of your blue batik quilt? I have at least quarter yard pieces of oodles of batik fabrics (I would sew everything out of batik if poissible) and see this pattern as a fabulous way of showcasing those fabrics without doing a quilt in a scrappy style.

wonderful projects! I especially like the little rabbits on the pillow!

very beautiful i spy quilt. cute pillow too. love them both

Beautiful work!!!

Quote Originally Posted by AZ Cottontail Quilter View Post
    What is the name for the pattern of your blue batik quilt? I have at least quarter yard pieces of oodles of batik fabrics (I would sew everything out of batik if poissible) and see this pattern as a fabulous way of showcasing those fabrics without doing a quilt in a scrappy style.
    It is the quick method of flying geese. I think I saw it done by Rickie Timms? The setting is called ?Dutchman's Puzzle (I think) Basically the 2 background squares (I used white) were cut at 3" x3" and the strips of batik cut at 3" wide x 5.5" long. The formula is the strip of colour should be .5" less than the total sum of the 2 squares. Place one square RS up, fold the coloured strip in half lengthwise with WS tog. Place the folded edge of the colour strip level with the top of the square and the right hand side flush with the edge of the square. Place the second square on top with it's RS down. Sew from the folded edge of the sandwich . Here is the link. Hope this helps. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78Mu0C_QL8Y

Power Poster
    YOU DID A great job all of them very nice!!!!
    QUILTNMO

Loved your quilts especially your colorful I Spy Quilt. I have started collecting fabrics for I Spy quilts for my two grandchildren and am trying to decide how I want to do them. There are lots of great samples to choose from on the board. What size are your individual pieces? Is it from a pattern or did you just put it together? I think I could do that once I finally decide on a pattern. How large is the overall quilt? I made oversized baby quilts for both of them when they were born and am thinking about making these to fit a twin bed. Did you also make it a find the matching square quilt?
    Chris

Wow! Impressive! Thanks for taking the time to post all of your lovely workl

Boy! You have been a busy bee! Everything is very nicley done too. Pat yourself on the back, three finishes!
    RedGarnet222

"Take your needle, my child, and work at your pattern ... It will come out a rose by and by. Life is like that ...one stitch at a time, taken patiently."
    *Oliver Wendell Holms

Beautiful quilts and precious pillow!
    If a woman's work is never done....why start?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast