View Single Post
Old 06-29-2012, 11:42 AM
stitchingcrazy

Originally Posted by AZ Cottontail Quilter View Post
What is the name for the pattern of your blue batik quilt? I have at least quarter yard pieces of oodles of batik fabrics (I would sew everything out of batik if poissible) and see this pattern as a fabulous way of showcasing those fabrics without doing a quilt in a scrappy style.
It is the quick method of flying geese. I think I saw it done by Rickie Timms? The setting is called ?Dutchman's Puzzle (I think) Basically the 2 background squares (I used white) were cut at 3" x3" and the strips of batik cut at 3" wide x 5.5" long. The formula is the strip of colour should be .5" less than the total sum of the 2 squares. Place one square RS up, fold the coloured strip in half lengthwise with WS tog. Place the folded edge of the colour strip level with the top of the square and the right hand side flush with the edge of the square. Place the second square on top with it's RS down. Sew from the folded edge of the sandwich . Here is the link. Hope this helps. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78Mu0C_QL8Y