Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: I'm going to do it!

hcarpanini inspired me to do the Patches and Pinwheels from Quiltville.com. This is how far I have gotten. I had a bunch of strips cut into 2 inches alreay from when I was trying to sort through the pcs of misc. fabric given to me by my daugher from her high school class. I had them all sewn together into 4 strips and then cut into 2 inch sections. Now, I have to put 4 of these together.

I also got one of those silicon iron mats. I LOVE it. I only have a small space and never want to pull the whole ironing board out. So I iron on the floor - but I have dogs and cats and am always worried they will bump into it. Now it lays down!

My design wall has the 4 16 patches I have finished so far. I have to admit - the scrappy is more fun that I expected!

This is going together really quick - and I am very excited!!!

Pcs ready to get sewn together
    Name:  Attachment-107656.jpe
Views: 28
Size:  66.8 KB

Silicon mat - love it!
    Name:  Attachment-107657.jpe
Views: 30
Size:  47.8 KB

The 4 patches I have finished so far.
    Name:  Attachment-107658.jpe
Views: 31
Size:  24.8 KB

Blog Entries
    nice, now i'm inspired!!

Blog Entries
    that is cool, I had to go look up the free pattern and so cool, now I want to make one, see now we are going to have fun with this quilt

http://quiltville.com/16pinwheels.shtml

I have seen it on Quiltville many times but it never really stood out for me before I saw the one hcarpanini did.

I am going to do the pinwheels in dark and white. I think that makes all the difference. It looks complicated - but it is actually pretty easy :)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cminor
    I have seen it on Quiltville many times but it never really stood out for me before I saw the one hcarpanini did.

I am going to do the pinwheels in dark and white. I think that makes all the difference. It looks complicated - but it is actually pretty easy :)
    I think this will make all of the difference also. I'm not inspired by the one on Quiltville either.

Blog Entries
    hcarpanini inspired me to do the Patches and Pinwheels from Quiltville.com. This is how far I have gotten. I had a bunch of strips cut into 2 inches alreay from when I was trying to sort through the pcs of misc. fabric given to me by my daugher from her high school class. I had them all sewn together into 4 strips and then cut into 2 inch sections. Now, I have to put 4 of these together.

I also got one of those silicon iron mats. I LOVE it. I only have a small space and never want to pull the whole ironing board out. So I iron on the floor - but I have dogs and cats and am always worried they will bump into it. Now it lays down!

My design wall has the 4 16 patches I have finished so far. I have to admit - the scrappy is more fun that I expected!

This is going together really quick - and I am very excited!!!
    Hey, me too!!! And I have 4-16 patches done too! That's amazing!

FUN!!

16 done . .
    Name:  Attachment-107789.jpe
Views: 29
Size:  34.3 KB

These are the remaining scraps
    Name:  Attachment-107790.jpe
Views: 28
Size:  33.2 KB

You made great progress! I took a look at the pattern it looks really easy. I've a bunch of strips already made from a previous quilt might give it a try also...someday...its on the want to do list.

Blog Entries
    FUN!!
    WOW ... you're going faster than me!