Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: I'm stuck! Border suggestions...PLEASE!

Quote Originally Posted by KarenK
    [
    A flap (folded insert) of fabric between the quilt and the binding. For the one in the picture, I cut a 1" wide strip of fabric, folded it in half and ironed. After squaring up the quilt, the raw edges of the flap were matched to the raw edges of the quilt, pinned and machine basted a scant 1/4" from the raw edges. The sides were done first, then the top and bottom. Then the binding was applied. In the photo, the flap measures 1/4" and the binding 5/16".

Every time I've done this, I've made a small mock-up to check the measurements of the flap and binding. Sometimes the results didn't match the pictures in my head and adjustments had to be made. :-D
    Great idea .... now don't just tease us .... please do show us the rest of the quilt!! :)

Blog Entries
    Karen, you were the winner. I decided to go with a small flange. I'm going to put sew the binding down, then, I'll post the finish product. I'm hoping to have it done by the end of the week. :)

Blog Entries
    Dawn marie, I love the quilt and you have suceeded in all the elements. Love the mittens.

I like the idea of a frame. Also , just an idea, The yo-yo's would look great as if they were falling from the sky like snowflakes, Just at the top of the quilt, like it is just stating to snow.

Love the whole quilt. I would also put a pocket in the back for the picture!

Amend that yo-yo comment. I looked at the quilt again and see the idea of the snowballs. wonderful!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3