Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Inexpensive sewing table for the large Bernina 820/830 machines

Blog Entries

Inexpensive sewing table for the large Bernina 820/830 machines

Hello All,
    This morning I was inspired with a table solution for my Bernina 830 machine. I purchased an Arrow Gidget II a few months ago as a portable table to take with me to classes and retreats. I don't have the insert for this table, so I can up with a brilliant solution. I previously owned a Horn Quilter's table but I found that when the machine was installed in the table to be flat with the table top it was too low to sew. Yes, I could lower my chair but then it is extremely uncomfortable for my long legs. I remembered the Arrow table is adjustable - the platform to hold the machine. So I adjusted it so that I can drop my machine in with my Bernina extension table installed! This is really a wonderful solution until I purchase the Horn multi-lift 2500 table. I am including photos for you.
    Attached Images Attached Images Click to view large image  Click to view large image  Click to view large image 
    "I'm singing in the rain!......"

http://quiltingandotherramblings.blogspot.com/

Thanks for sharing. Everything looks so organized. We found a small kitchen table at a yard sell and my DH cut a hole in it to set my machine into. It was too deep at first, but he fixed it so I can sew on it. And I can you the other side to cut, iron, or just to hold fabric.

Blog Entries
    That looks like a wonderful sewing room.. was it something before it was a sewing room? I used to have a big downstairs sewing room that had a fireplace in it.. I'd set up my vintage machines in a square facing each other, invite a bunch of sewing buddies, make a pot of soup and light the fire.. We could have stayed for days it was so much fun.. ahh.. miss that sewing room.
    http://signatures.mylivesignature.co...AC3300A534.png
    Praise God from whom all blessings flow. Life is good when you're busy with babies.

Blog Entries
    Yes, originally the sewing room was the family room. It is just my husband and I so we don't need a large living AND family room. I love it - it is right next to the kitchen; extremely convenient.

In stitches
    Roberta
    "I'm singing in the rain!......"

http://quiltingandotherramblings.blogspot.com/

The table looks great with the sewing machine in it or vice versa! Your sewing area is really nice too. Great set up
    Sewbeadit
    Montesano, Washington

Blog Entries
    I would be "Singing in the rain" too if I had a sewing room like that..NICE!
    Patrice

Very creative and beautiful sewing room. I have kitchen cabinet, upper and base in my sewing room and a 89 or 90" countertop on the base cabinets. Really handy.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

I love your room!

Wow, what a great sewing room! You are so organized and have so much space. Your sewing machine looks perfect in the table. Good idea you had.

What a beautiful place to create lovely things. Enjoy your little bit of heaven.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast