Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10 19 20

Thread: introducing the world's most ugliest quilt

Well...after I uncrossed my eyes...lol! Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Looks like great craftsmanship...just not my kind of fabric. Great job! BTW that is fabric from Connecting Threads. What is surprising is that they "group" all of their fabrics into coordinated groups. Apparently your friend is a free spirit!
    --------------
    "Happiness isn't having what you want, it is wanting what you have."

www.thewanderlustgirl.blogspot.com

You did Great! Might not be my first chice of materials either, but you made an attractive quilt from what you were given. Congrats!

I really like it. Didn't think it would really come good, but you came up with a really nice pattern. Lovely

Made me chuckle. Strangely enough I like those fabrics. Cheese and cracker thing was brilliant too.
    Annie

Quote Originally Posted by sharin'Sharon View Post
    Just as laurafet says, as I was reading through, I certainly wasn't expecting such a great quilt. It's not exactly the ugliest quilt I have ever seen by all means. May I ask the name of the pattern? You chose just the right pattern and layout for those prints. Unbelievable and beauty to boot. Thanks for sharing.
    This certainly looks like the Hidden Wells pattern to me. There is a group on yahoo doing that pattern, with tutorials and all that. It's a great pattern!
    Linda Wedge White

I believe UFOs are like scraps, ferns and dust bunnies. Once you get two, they send spores out into the air and more just happen anywhere the spores meet.

That had to be a true work of love for your friend. I would never have been able to do anything with those awful fabrics, but you are an artist. You came up with a winner!!! YOU GO GIRL !!!
    Families are like old quilts....although they tend to unravel at times...each can be stitched back together with love.

Well, you made a very pretty out of the ugly fabric!

The layout and the workmanship are beautiful and you did a great job of using the fabrics that you were presented with. It sure looks MUCH better than I expected when I saw the selection of fabrics.....you made the most of them. Good Job!

Very inspiring indeed!
    I bought this fabric, which in reality did not look at all the way it looked in the catalogue. For the heck of me, I can't think of anything to do with it. (I considered dying it.) Maybe I can send it to you?
    Last edited by 2ursula; 10-28-2012 at 10:00 AM.
    To speak of 'mere words' is much like speaking of 'mere dynamite'. (C.J. Ducasse)

I think you did a beautiful job with the fabric you were given. Although I didn't really care for the fabric either, I think the quilt looks pretty good. Your work is gorgeous and I love the pattern. Two thumbs up!

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10 19 20