Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 20 1 2 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Just About Finished Omigosh Quilt!!

Just About Finished Omigosh Quilt!!

Here is the quilt top almost finished. The pattern calls for a solid 1 inch finished border, then a 1 inch finished white border then a 3.5 inch finished solid border. Many people here gave me good suggestions for a more creative border on the last post I made.

I haven't decided anything yet. However, I stitched around the outer edge of the quilt so that the outter seams won't come undone and just doing that was really, really difficult. This quilt is very heavy because of all the seam allowances and while I have a really good extension table, I don't have one that drops intot he table. I'm not sure I have it in me to do one, two or three borders!!

I've considered maybe hiring out the borders but haven't made any decisions yet. Would love to hear any additional opinions on how you would finish this quilt.
    Attached Images Attached Images Click to view large image  Click to view large image  Click to view large image 

I am so in awe of this quilt. Each time it my jaw drops. Whatever you decide about borders, this is going to be spectacular.
    Lori - MamaBear

Just beautiful - so much beautiful work.

Amazing, even more beautiful than the last time you posted a picture! I thought to make the simple borders they ask for that by comparison you would be grateful for their ease. How about using every color in your quilt placed exactly under that square? Not sure how big your blocks are but would mean tons of cutting, joining and piecing for your border.

You can and will do whatever you wish with your skills no matter how burned out you will err on the side of beauty.
    Thank you.

You made a gorgeous quilt! Please post again when you decide on the border!
    Jean

Blog Entries
    That is so,so beautiful. I cannot imagine the work in this quilt. It really is jaw dropping as someone has already said. Do finish it yourself. It deserves your hands to finish it. It is just outstanding!

Blog Entries
    this just boggles my mind. I can and will look at this for a long time with a huge smile on my face. Astounding!!!!!
    If you see someone without a smile, give them one of yours!

Blog Entries
    That is so pretty! Have you laid out any fabric to see what you like for borders? That's what I'd do.

I would be tempted to try 2 white borders (one narrower than the other) with a narrow colored border between. I would probably wait to see how that looked before selecting binding. Please be sure to post when done.

Wow, that is amazing!
    As long as we live, there is never enough singing. Martin Luther

Blog Entries
    wow, just super
    Nancy in western NY

Page 1 of 20 1 2 11 ... LastLast