Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Just finished "Flower Quilt"

Ooooo Pretty!

Great job. That is gorgeous.

Blog Entries
    Very Pretty. Good Job.

You did a wonderful job... :thumbup:

Quote Originally Posted by clem55
    That is a beautiful quilt!!When you say you used fleece instead of batting, did you still use a backing, or did the fleece serve for both?
    The fleece substituted for the batting. Front and back of quilt is 100% cotton. My daughter wanted a warm quilt for her and I figured I would try it on her quilt. I was going to use the fleece as a backing but the fleece was a baby blue color and I didn't like the color so I went with a full cotton backing. All I know is that when I was quilting it, it was heavy. My arms were tired of moving it around.!

that is awesome

Quote Originally Posted by KathyAire
    I love it - both sides. That is one of my favorite fabrics. I haven't found it yet. Of course, I haven't searched for it either. It's just in my mind to purchase it. You did a good job. Your grand daughter will be so happy with it.
    The fabric with the flower faces is called Sunday Bloomers. If you do a search for : The Best Sunday Bloomers you should be able to find the fabric. I coordinated the rest of the fabric around the flowers and I was very please. If I knew I could get more of the flowers I would have bought more. I guess I went brain dead for a moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubblegum0077
    Quote Originally Posted by KathyAire
    I love it - both sides. That is one of my favorite fabrics. I haven't found it yet. Of course, I haven't searched for it either. It's just in my mind to purchase it. You did a good job. Your grand daughter will be so happy with it.
    The fabric with the flower faces is called Sunday Bloomers. If you do a search for : The Best Sunday Bloomers you should be able to find the fabric. I coordinated the rest of the fabric around the flowers and I was very please. If I knew I could get more of the flowers I would have bought more. I guess I went brain dead for a moment.
    I didn't have enough of any one color for the backing so I went with the flow and figured it would look good in this layout. I was pressed for time and $$$ (who isn't these days). I promised myself to try to make quilts with all the fabric I have and only to buy batting and backing if necessary. Can't go broke over this hobby. Right?

That is so precious!! She will love it!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :D

Beautiful!!!!

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast