Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: just some things i've worked on

what is tying?
    how do you do it and why?

what kind of pattern did you use, i especially love the pink cause i just LOVE pink :mrgreen:

Very pretty -- ALL of them!!! You did a great job!

tying is when you layer the quilt as usual for quilting but you take thread (I use 6 strands of embroidery floss) or yarn and tie the layers together - look at the smaller quilt - you will see yellow ties on it. this takes the place of the actual quilting. i do it if i need something done quickly. i prefer quilting but for a play quilt i wanted there before she is too old :) i decided to tie instead. all the others i'll hand quilt.

this pattern in yellow brick road - almost done the right way - i do not like working with the pattern - for some reason i was not able to really follow the directions - maybe because i was in a hurry and i had two kids who needed my attention as i was doing them :)??? i much prefer turning twenty which is very similar.

the blue one is my favorite, then the green, but i had the most fun with the pink/purple one. didn't have to buy ONE INCH of fabric - all of it was in my stash already!

Quote Originally Posted by thismomquilts
    tying is when you layer the quilt as usual for quilting but you take thread (I use 6 strands of embroidery floss) or yarn and tie the layers together - look at the smaller quilt - you will see yellow ties on it. this takes the place of the actual quilting. i do it if i need something done quickly. i prefer quilting but for a play quilt i wanted there before she is too old :) i decided to tie instead. all the others i'll hand quilt.

this pattern in yellow brick road - almost done the right way - i do not like working with the pattern - for some reason i was not able to really follow the directions - maybe because i was in a hurry and i had two kids who needed my attention as i was doing them :)??? i much prefer turning twenty which is very similar.

the blue one is my favorite, then the green, but i had the most fun with the pink/purple one. didn't have to buy ONE INCH of fabric - all of it was in my stash already!

Would luv to learn it, i think you should take all ur pink stash with you home to me and teach me how to make one :lol:
    plz :wink:

Great job on them!

Good work!!!

Blog Entries
    Very nice! The pink is my favorite, I just love the colors together.

Nothing wrong with tying your quilts! I used to tie all of mine. But I always seemed to stall when I got to that point. Since I discovered spray baste and a walking foot, my projects actually get finished in a much quicker timeframe!

My next feat will be to try out Sharon Schamber's binding method...it sure looks really nice when finished! :D

So many colors and yet such wonderful quilts, every one. Pat yourself on the back, you did a great job.

Great quilts!! Love your fabrics.

thank you for all your nice comments. love to do this. now working on stepdaugthers quilts and then next will be one for my sister.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast