Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 10 11

Thread: King Size Quilt for My Brother

What a gorgeous quilt for your brother!! He will treasure it because you made it for him!
    Linda
    Pets are not our whole lives, but they make our lives whole. (Roger Caras made this quote about dogs, but I love cats too!)

Love the soft colors. It looks like it will encourage snuggling and sleep!
    Being skinny isn't easy, so I gave up and opted for being sexy instead. (aunty acid)

Quote Originally Posted by JoanneS View Post
    You made a nice quilt for your brother - nice quilting, too. I imagine he's very happy with it. It's such a pleasure to make a quilt for someone who WANTS one! Did he choose the colors? They are perfect for a MAN quilt, but it doesn't scream 'man only' - LOL.
    He didn't choose the colors. I tried to get him to go with me since I bought most of the fabric in his town, he just told me nothing "girly". It was actually a little hard to find something since he's not into fishing or hunting. Well, he would be into fishing if he had the time. Those teenage girls keep him hopping. But I found the civil war fabric and figured this would work. Still has lots of flowers on it, but they are small. The ladies at the LQS where he lives are extremely nice and are getting to know me even though I don't pop in but 3-4 times a year.

Blog Entries
    Looks great. The thought of quilting a King size is overwhelming. Just finished FM on for a friend, So glad it is behind me!

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 10 11