Well, thanks to my new sewing machine and new and improved sewing area, I am going great guns, and yesterday I finished the quilted window seat cushion for the kitties! It has a zip on the bottom (no pics of that as it was my first ever attempt at a zip and is not pretty!) so that the foam inside can be removed for the cover to be washed. It was a good practice project and I learnt a lot from trying out the templates I bought, as well as rotary cutting just using the ruler, as well as practicing my piecing. I am pleased with it, and the cats like it too!
Tonight I started my next project - quilted scatter cushion covers - four of them. The first top is done, see below. It is 18" square, and I am really pleased with it, I used a lot of tips I had picked up on here, so thank you all!