Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: lap quilt for my grandma

I'm sure that your grandma will just love it. It is really lovely.

Hugs

thanks....I'm working on the binding right now so I can wash it before I ship it off to her.

Wow! You are fast! I love it!! Cute, cute, cute!

You are certainly good at free motion quilting! Is this on a regular home sewing machine or a longarm? Do you mark your quilts or just go with the flow? You have an artist's touch.

Quote Originally Posted by Debbie B
    You are certainly good at free motion quilting! Is this on a regular home sewing machine or a longarm? Do you mark your quilts or just go with the flow? You have an artist's touch.
    On a long arm....I just go with the flow. I am looking into getting some stencils to help me learn how to do feathering. I love it and can't do it well.

I've been trying to learn on my home sewing machine and it has such a small throat space. It can be frustrating. I bought the book Hooked on Feathers and it shows a fairly easy way to make feathers with a hook. With what you do already I think you'll have feathers down in no time. When you get your stencils & try it out...be sure to post a picture of it.

Quote Originally Posted by hperttula123
    On a long arm....I just go with the flow. I am looking into getting some stencils to help me learn how to do feathering. I love it and can't do it well.

Beautiful! I like the colours together and the layout.
    Janie

Good job, hperttula! Thanks for sharing the pics.

I tried doing some fmq on my home machine and I can't do it. They only way I can explain it is like trying to draw only moving the paper and not your pencil.
    The different designs I do right now are just from watching other people quilt. I just change it a little to make it different. Feathering is just so beautiful and one day....I will be able to do it!!! Lol....I hope.

I've been trying to learn on my home sewing machine and it has such a small throat space. It can be frustrating. I bought the book Hooked on Feathers and it shows a fairly easy way to make feathers with a hook. With what you do already I think you'll have feathers down in no time. When you get your stencils & try it out...be sure to post a picture of it.

Quote Originally Posted by hperttula123

Super Member fleurdelisquilts.com's Avatar
    Grandma looks kinda young in this pic. Seriously, he's just adorable. Now, can you get him off the quilt to give it away?

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast