Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Look what I found while on Vacation

Hi all,

Just got back from my vacation to Charleston, Atlanta, NC.

While in Murphy, NC in the mountains I found this great little quilt shop called Bless My Stitches. Really nice people. I bought a few patterns while there and then they had a couple samples but were sold out of the patterns. So I left my name and cell phone number and got a call in a few days that the patterns were in and they would be glad to send them. What a nice surprise, when I got home not only did I get the two patterns I had ask for but a beautiful hand written thank you note and a fat quarter. Wow.

Then while in Oak Island NC. I went to some yard sales with my cousins, they were looking for clothes and stuff and I was looking for anything quilt realated. Well, at one of the last places did I get a bargain. I found the Elm Creek Quilts book, that had been on my wish list with Amazon, like new for $5. Then she wanted to know if I read the books she had 5 of the ones I had not read for .50 each, also like new and another author and book called Lovers Knot, I had not read. All for $8. I am having the novels shipped for $5. What a find.

I had a lovely time and found some great treasures. I am glad to be back.

Cute patterns by Bradley Designs
    Name:  Attachment-53057.jpe
Views: 42
Size:  63.1 KB

Misc. Patterns, Fat Qtr and Tennis shoe fabric
    Name:  Attachment-53058.jpe
Views: 36
Size:  70.8 KB

Elm Creek Book
    Name:  Attachment-53059.jpe
Views: 37
Size:  64.7 KB

Thats awesome. Nothing like a multi purpose vacation! and when you can get a bargain even better.

I have been eyeballing the owl pattern for a while now! but I don't know that I NEED it. lol I have commitment issues when it comes to patterns!

Blog Entries
    Wow, what a wonderful vacation. So nice of the quilt shop to send you a fat quarter with the pattern.

Sounds like you had a nice time. And what nice treasures you found!!!

What great finds.

Wonderful stuff. Have you read the Elm Creek quilts novels by Jennifer Chiaverini, they are wonderful. I think the quilt book would mean more to you if you read the series, I am on book 4 of them now. Great reading.

Glad you made it home alright!1 And what wonderful treasures you found. Welcome back to the board!!

Quote Originally Posted by cabinqltr
    Wonderful stuff. Have you read the Elm Creek quilts novels by Jennifer Chiaverini, they are wonderful. I think the quilt book would mean more to you if you read the series, I am on book 4 of them now. Great reading.
    Yes I am on book 6, I love them. That is why it was so nice to get the 5 I had not read for 50 cents each.

Ohhhh Boy! That looks like some super fun projects you found to do while on vacation. I am really looking forward to seeing these done up. I hope you post them when you are finished.

Fantastic vacation and shopping, I'm glad you had a good time and made it home safe and sound!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast