Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Meet American Jane! >

Meet American Jane!

Meet American Jane!

Old 08-12-2009, 08:18 AM
Power Poster

indigo blue is such a great color, and I love red, white and blue themes, and am really starting to love the whole Jane thing. I'm not brave enough yet, want to do her justice, one day.
Maybe, eventually, I'll work my way up to doing so many per month, until I get enough to do the whole shebang. Can't wait to see yours, Klue, but know it's a work of love and takes a while. I am excited for you, though! :D (another great adventure)
Old 08-12-2009, 08:35 AM

I've been thinking about the weight of all those seams and how to support them if you all decide to hang your DJ quilts. It looks like the original is NOT hung: rather, it appears to be displayed lying on a slope, so the entire quilt is supported. It seems to me that you might want to think about several sleeves across the the back of the quilt to support the weight in a number of places. Just a thought.
Old 08-12-2009, 08:38 AM

You are luring me into this task! I am getting very interested. :lol: I love seeing all the fabrics and hearing about the process! :lol:
Old 08-12-2009, 08:48 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Shemjo
You are luring me into this task! I am getting very interested. :lol: I love seeing all the fabrics and hearing about the process! :lol:
start gathering your fabric - we won't start till Jan.
Old 08-12-2009, 08:49 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by JoanneS
I've been thinking about the weight of all those seams and how to support them if you all decide to hang your DJ quilts. It looks like the original is NOT hung: rather, it appears to be displayed lying on a slope, so the entire quilt is supported. It seems to me that you might want to think about several sleeves across the the back of the quilt to support the weight in a number of places. Just a thought.
thats an excellent point - thank you so much for mentioning it. how sad would it be to have someone's quilt to sag.

Old 08-12-2009, 09:04 AM

Originally Posted by kluedesigns
thats an excellent point - thank you so much for mentioning it. how sad would it be to have someone's quilt to sag.
Or tear!
Old 08-12-2009, 09:10 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by kluedesigns
Or tear!
OMG!

that would be awful!