Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 9 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Memory of my sister

This quilt was originally for my sister's 25th wedding anniversary June 29th. Well, I got it completed and then found out June 17th she had terminal cancer and it was very aggressive. She passed away July 10th and was only able to enjoy her quilt for a couple of weeks.
    So this quilt is now my tribute to her memory. I hope you enjoy seeing it as much as she did.

The original pattern is from Coffee Time Quilts by Cathy Wierzbicki called "Totally Decaffeinated". I used my EQ6 to tweak it a little into a king size and called it "Wish Upon A Star".
    Name:  Attachment-55853.jpe
Views: 428
Size:  45.1 KB

Beautiful quilt! Heartbreaking about your sister, I am glad she got to see it at least.

Blog Entries
    Awwww.....I am sure she loved it and what an awesome memorial to her!!! It is a beautiful quilt!!!!

A beautiful quilt. I'm sorry your sister was able to enjoy it for such a short time. My sympathy to you.

It is beautiful!

So beautiful. Thank you for making it for her to enjoy, even if it was for a short time. And thanks for posting the picture.

What a beautiful quilt. Sorry to hear about your sister and I too am glad she was able to enjoy it. I know it was made with love. Hope you are doing okay.

It's beautiful. I'm sorry that you lost your sister. Glad that she got to enjoy the quilt for a little while at least.

Beautiful quilt. Fantastic job. Sorry to hear about your sister. It will keep someone else extra warm due to all the love doing it and after....

That's a really beautiful quilt, you did such a good job on it. I'm glad your sister got to enjoy it and know the love you put into it for her.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 ... LastLast