Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Merry Grinchmas! (8 months late!)

Blog Entries

Merry Grinchmas! (8 months late!)

I actually made 2 of these quilts for gifts for Christmas last year. I did get both tops completed but only one of them got finished completely and was gifted to MIL. The second one was for my friend Tim who lives in Florida. I guess I was sooo burnt out from making identical quilts that I put the top away and just couldn't bring myself to finish it. That is until my friend Tim called and said he was coming for a visit! I got it completed and quilted. I liked the fact that it was Dr. Seuss so my quilting lines didn't have to be perfect! I still don't want to make another thing out of this fabric line EVER! I taught Tim how to sew and quilt a couple of years ago but he doesn't get much time to work anything as he travels extensively for work. He arrived last week with his sewing machine in tow. We had a wonderful time working on his first quilt. I taught him how to bind it and then we made pillowcases with applique. He did a good job! Unfortunately, I don't have a picture of the pillowcases or his quilt; I don't know how that happened. . .. We spent a wonderful morning at my favorite LQS and I stuck to my fabric diet but Tim bought enough for both of us! Oh, and I almost forgot - he brought me his EQ 7! He decided he didn't have time for quilting let alone designing and it was just too difficult for him. I love him for more reasons than one!!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    No one has ever become poor by giving. - Anne Frank
    Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. - Martin Luther King, Jr.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/TheQuiltedPig

Very cool! Sounds like a wonderful friendship!

So that's the Christmas quilt! I love the Grinch. :-) It turned out really lovely. And hey, it's four months early for his home this Christmas!

Great quilt and he looks very happy with it!

I love it! You may never want to make anything using that line again, but now I want to make a quilt just like yours!!

Isn't that nice. I'd say you're just 4 mo's EARLY instead of 8 late.

Great quilt! Cute smiles! Wait, he bought a bunch of fabric and then decided he won't have time for quilting???

I agree with Jennalyn. The Christmas quilt is not 8 months late, it's 4 months early. If we give someone a quilt like that at Christmas they have to wait a whole year to really get much use out of it.
    We act as though comfort and luxury were the chief requirements of life, when all we need to make us really happy is something to be enthusiastic about.
    ~ Charles Kingsley

Blog Entries
    That is one cute quilt.

Great quilt! I love the rich colors. It looks a lot like Christmas!
    Jean

Adorable quilt!
    A dog is not "almost human" and I know of no greater insult to the canine race than to describe it as such.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast