View Single Post
Old 08-07-2012, 07:59 AM
auntpiggylpn

Default Merry Grinchmas! (8 months late!)

I actually made 2 of these quilts for gifts for Christmas last year. I did get both tops completed but only one of them got finished completely and was gifted to MIL. The second one was for my friend Tim who lives in Florida. I guess I was sooo burnt out from making identical quilts that I put the top away and just couldn't bring myself to finish it. That is until my friend Tim called and said he was coming for a visit! I got it completed and quilted. I liked the fact that it was Dr. Seuss so my quilting lines didn't have to be perfect! I still don't want to make another thing out of this fabric line EVER! I taught Tim how to sew and quilt a couple of years ago but he doesn't get much time to work anything as he travels extensively for work. He arrived last week with his sewing machine in tow. We had a wonderful time working on his first quilt. I taught him how to bind it and then we made pillowcases with applique. He did a good job! Unfortunately, I don't have a picture of the pillowcases or his quilt; I don't know how that happened. . .. We spent a wonderful morning at my favorite LQS and I stuck to my fabric diet but Tim bought enough for both of us! Oh, and I almost forgot - he brought me his EQ 7! He decided he didn't have time for quilting let alone designing and it was just too difficult for him. I love him for more reasons than one!!!!
Attached Thumbnails 102_3337.jpg