Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: Montgomery Ward Signature URR 285

Blog Entries
    Wow! Looks like she never used it!

Sure looks well cared for. My MIL had one for years that looked sort of like. She loved it and did a lot of beautiful sewing projects on it.

I too have the same machine. I don't have all the goodies that go with it though. I would gladly pay for a copy of the manual.

I have the Montogomery ward Singature that is a sister to your machine, I bought this machine in 1976 new, have all of the attachments and manual that goes with it.When I moved to TX in 1985, it went into storage. Last week I took it out of storage cleaned and oiled it, installed it in a cabinet I purchased from neighbor. She still sews like she did when she was brand new. when I first bought her, I used her nearly every day to make clothing for my 5 children and myself. Has NEVER been to a shop! Always cleaned and oiled at least once a month when using it every day. Still sews bueatifully and just a gentle hum, quitier than many of the newer machines. Enjoy your machine, read the manual and you will really fall in love with your machine. maggiebb

What a great neighbor. Have fun.
    Jojos Nana, Carol

You have really been blessed with this machine. I still say that if my Viking(2003) ever dies(God forbid, as I love this machine), I will only have vintage machines. You can't beat them...all metal and they purr like a kitten.

It may be 40 years old but it sure looks brand new to me! I wonder if she ever used it, but if so, probably just for mending a few items over the years. It's in fantastic condition!
    Being skinny isn't easy, so I gave up and opted for being sexy instead. (aunty acid)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3