Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Montgomery Ward Signature URR 285

You have really been blessed with this machine. I still say that if my Viking(2003) ever dies(God forbid, as I love this machine), I will only have vintage machines. You can't beat them...all metal and they purr like a kitten.

It may be 40 years old but it sure looks brand new to me! I wonder if she ever used it, but if so, probably just for mending a few items over the years. It's in fantastic condition!
    Being skinny isn't easy, so I gave up and opted for being sexy instead. (aunty acid)

Just bought one of these models at GOODWILL for $30. It had all the attachments & the Manual. It looks BRAND NEW! I've never sewn before...but I need to learn so I can sew zippers into my Leather bags.Even if it doesn't work on thicker leather, which I doubt, I'll be happy! Wade I'm 60.

That's a beauty - and all the other stuff. You are one lucky girl!!!

http://pages.sewing-machine-manuals....923271392.html this says 1971. What a beautiful machine you have there.

I bought a similar one at Salvation Army for $13.50 then paid $12.95 for a replacement bobbin case, so for under $30 I have a machine with a great serpentine stitch. That's the only thing it has my vintage Elna doesn't, but it worth keeping it for. You did well. A machine for a quilt - a lovely barter.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2