View Single Post
Old 04-09-2011, 05:10 PM
jillaine

Since last posting, I've been sewing all afternoon and evening. I opened it up and oiled it. Read the manual and learned how to thread it, etc... Then I worked on my Lone Star Gone Wrong UFO-- got the six-inch border made and on. (C'mon gal288, you gotta catch up with me.....!!! in-joke.)

Like a good old Buick, it drives really nicely. It's twice as old as my Singer (which, comparatively, drove like a Corolla-- steady, but not quite as smooth).

Anyway, I am VERY VERY Happy with it. The story behind it is that the previous owner purchased it shortly after finishing college, thinking she would become the seamstress her mother and grandmother were. Didn't happen. She used it for a few things, then put it away. So it's hardly been used.

I'm a bit anxious about the "cams" and the fancy stitching. I'll need one of those to do machine appliqué. One thing at a time.

I just feel really lucky and blessed. I had a new machine -- for free!!! -- in less than 24 hours!

I've offered to make a quilt for a favorite cause or organization of the woman who gave it to me.

-- Jillaine