Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: More Geishas

More Geishas

Here are a few new geisha wall hangings that I have recently completed. I hope you enjoy them.

Jodi
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails jodis-geisha-1.jpg   jodis-geisha-1a.jpg   jodis-geisha-4.jpg   jodis-geisha-6.jpg   jodis-kimona-1.jpg  

Blog Entries
    Those are beautiful. I hope to do something, some day with a geisha or at least Japanese oriented. My husband was in the army in Japan in 1957 and 1958.

Beautiful geisha's

They are all lovely - but the first and last one are both just stunning!

Your exquisite geishas so enchanted me I had to pull up your profile to see if you had any other pictures and I found your thread from last July that I had missed. Your tea ceremony geisha (your avatar) is my favorite and I so appreciate that you took the time to elaborate on some of your techniques in that thread. Using panels and fusible applique for their kimono is such an ingenious use of both the gorgeous Asian fabrics that are available and the beautiful panels. The embellishment is perfect. You do gorgeous work. I hope you have entered these into some shows so people can see them in person as I am sure the photos simply do not do them justice. They are beautiful and a delightful glimpse into "Karyukai". Thank you for sharing.

WOW. Gorgeous
    I Quilt Therefore I Am

Pat

Blog Entries
    Wow your faces are excellent

Wow is right!! They are all beautiful. You are putting me to shame!! I lived in Misawa, Japan for three years and loved it. I have some nice asian themed fabrics but haven't yet made a quilt with the. I do have this "Bunka Art" of two Geishas. I took lessons to learn how to do it. .

bunka-art-002.jpg
    When it seems like the world is falling to pieces remember that the pieces are falling into place...the End Times.

Heaven and Earth are full of His Glory!

Wow I to have done buna......... my aunt taught bunka. Have done several but were samll pieces. Love your bunka and also the quilts that jodiann2 has posted have such detail....... they are super great. Hope you enter them in some sort of quilt competition.

Blog Entries
    Wow! Your work is beautiful. I love Asian fabrics and quilts.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast