Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: The most complicated quilt block I've ever done...was...?

I thought I'd post this topic to see what everyone's most complicated quilt block was? I've got a picture of mine posted here...it may be small potatoes for some of you quilting gals, but this is quite the accomplishment for me. I'm proud of that...I was aiming for a 9'' block and it's 8 1/2''... oh well...

Anyway, tell us what your most complicated one was!
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Banned
    a very nice patience corner there...

Nice. Now, measure your seams and see how far off each seam is from 1/4"- that will help you judge where you need to be for your next one. All 1/4" feet are not true to size, and we do not always stitch accurately (speaking strictly for myself).

You did really well with Patience Corners. I had that one in my "like it" folder, and now I"ll put a note that it was a bugger for you.

The worse one I've done is a Card Tricks http://mccallsquilting.com/qb/pattern_902/index.html

I had my fabric all picked out, and made this sample blocks, and decided that one was enough for me!

oops, here is the photo for those who may not be aware of what i'm talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by saravincent
    You did really well with Patience Corners. I had that one in my "like it" folder, and now I"ll put a note that it was a bugger for you.

The worse one I've done is a Card Tricks http://mccallsquilting.com/qb/pattern_902/index.html

I had my fabric all picked out, and made this sample blocks, and decided that one was enough for me!
    Yikes! That Card Trick has to be the worst one I have ever done also! I got so frustrated and upset doing just one block that I never did another one lol. I have that single block pinned up on my sewing room wall as a reminder not to do another one! :mrgreen:

Super Member Baren*eh*ked_canadian's Avatar
    I'm not even finished the block yet, because I started something else at the same time, but this is what it's going to look like, only in REDS.
    Oh ya, and my camera is dead so I can't take pics of the real thing till I get my camera working again.

[IMG]http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i3...in_MTL/gwr.jpg[/IMG]

Blog Entries
    Mine is not realy one block but the whole quilt.

Quilt4You: The braid is fantastic, but I agree it isn't easy to do. I just did one for the edging, and it was a bugger. I'll be posting photos soon, but It's on my list of "never do again" things. Your whole quilt is sure pretty!

I think Card Tricks was the most frustrating block I've done. As for complicated, I'd say the Pineapple block, Mariner's Compass & Storm at Sea are tied. :wink:

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast